A new discovery

I know we all try to promote our shops (quite rightly) but do you sometimes feel you discover someone every once in a while, whose work you’ve never seen promoted on the forums?

So here’s a thread with a difference - beautiful hand made gifts from people new to us, new surprising discoveries.

To start off, the most beautiful print from an artist I’ve not been aware of (would love to see some original work on here too):

4 Likes

My latest find was this shop by Cristine @RoyaltyApparel
I thought the reasons she set up her shop were just very poignant and resonated through our household.
https://folksy.com/items/6924340-Beautiful-Perfect-Loved-Flowy-Ladies-Top

1 Like

Hi @thistledownandHOPE - this shop is also a brilliant example of how ‘telling the story’ can add so much to the end product. Because if I saw this cold, I would be thinking ‘oh, another slogan t-shirt type thingy…’ and pass it by, whereas once you read the thought behind it, it does become so much more, and as you say, can then resonate with people on a more emotional level. Great find. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have 2 paintings by this wonderful artist and would buy more if I was a rich person

I’m very tempted by this one and what a fantastic present this would make for a Downton Abbey fan.

2 Likes

Very nice. :slight_smile:

I don’t think I have ever seen this shop promoting on Folksy Forums - so lovely x

Jacqueline

1 Like

Wow - me neither @JAustenJewelleryDesign. There are some really beautiful pieces on here.

And from the shop sellers viewpoint - look at the sold page and look at the items that have been sold. This is an inspiration because it shows that if you have beautiful products, photographed well, and search optimised wording for the listings (together with great ‘stories’ behind the individual pieces), you WILL get found and more importantly, you can charge a fair price for your makes!

A lovely find! :slight_smile:

1 Like

WOW! I just had to give Eric the bear a little love, just as you said Heidi, good photography, beautiful products and a fantastic story, all add up to a sale.
Suzzie x

1 Like