Art Chat Thread October 2016

Camouflage :smiley: Didnā€™t think of that! Weā€™re going for an extra scrubbable paint, it costs a bit more than the standard stuff but I reckon weā€™re going to need it.

I love your sense of humour with the golf cards, theyā€™re great.

1 Like

I think we only did colour once in one of the kids rooms and hubby swore a lot as the door frames were different on each side, blue in the bedroom and white in the hall tehe. We use flat white matt wood paint now, it looks great as you donā€™t get the reflections or yellowing that you can get with the modern gloss paints. We have a peachy white in our hall too, lovely and warming :slight_smile:

In our last two houses, everything was blackā€¦no one knew our address they just used to say that they knew which one it wasā€¦the Black houseā€¦lolā€¦
One year hubby wanted to paint the bathroom and he ask meā€¦ā€œwhat colour do you wantā€¦Black,black or black?ā€

Not purple glitter? :joy:

If I had my way, then YES Stephie but I never had a choiceā€¦just got toldā€¦lolā€¦

afternoon allā€¦hope you all have sunshine.
Today I have a LADY cartoon golferā€¦got to be fair and have ladies too.

Good morning, she is fun Brenda. I was sorting my art stuff a few days ago and found this little ACEO I painted it last time I went to Art Society and forgot to take it out of my carry bag :smirk:. I finally got my paints out yesterday too spent a couple of enjoyable hours with my inks, so have some new work to list (as soon as I have taken some pics that is lol!). Hoping to get out in the garden today to ā€˜settle it down for winterā€™ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thought I would show some of yesterdays work, these are ACEO size painted in alcohol and acrylic inks on Yupo, Iā€™m thinking of mounting and framing before listing. I have a fair coming up in a few weeks and wondered if I should mount some ACEOs to take with me what do you think?

1 Like

Finished this Chinese New Year paper cutting yesterday

2 Likes

Hanna - Maeā€¦that is fabulousā€¦did you hand cut it?..if so WOWā€¦
Max, those are fabulous, love the little village sceneā€¦brilliant work.
Today I have a hand painted poinsettia card. The flower was cut out in white paper and then painted and assembled onto a hand painted background

1 Like

I was looking for some paints when I came across this Christmas card that I had, so today I listed itā€¦I used to do a lot of Westie aceos but havenā€™t done any for agesā€¦

1 Like

ha haā€¦I got a message saying that I had typed more than 28% of the messages on this threadā€¦so COME ON you lotā€¦join in and get me out of trouble or I will be in the naughty corner!

1 Like

Lol that happens to me a lot too Brenda, itā€™s inevitable with so few of us contributing to this thread. Iā€™ve been busy designing new business cards with a Christmas theme for the Dolls House Xmas fair in York. If pup arrives on time then Iā€™m unlikely to be there in person but some of my miniatures will be on display along with my details. Exciting huh?!

Good afternoon, just doing my bit to keep you out of trouble lol!. I just finished photographing and editing over 100 pics ready for listing phew!. Hereā€™s a sneak peek at one of them, itā€™s already sold, thank you FB :wink:

1 Like

LOLā€¦thanks ladiesā€¦glad I am not aloneā€¦ha ha
I did an 8x6 painting this afternoon as well as some card makingā€¦
Crochet has been put aside for a while. My hands have been bad and the crochet was making them worse.
It made me thinkā€¦until I started doing crochet again my hands had been good for over 4 yearsā€¦so I checked and it was about 4 years ago that I stopped doing the crochet in favour of the paintingā€¦coincidence?..makes me thinkā€¦and since I have over 100 crocheted items stashed away in cupboards and taking up a lot of roomā€¦for the time being anyway, I think it is time to stop again and see if the crochet is the cause of all the trouble.
I prefer painting anywayā€¦just a pity it doesnā€™t sell as well, which is why I have been making cards because although there are lots of card makers out there, people can use cards but not everyone has somewhere to hang a paintingā€¦and of course as you have seen, I can incorporate my art with the card making.
Maybe also time to do a big promotion explaining aceosā€¦people still have no idea what they areā€¦so maybe this week I can do a write up on fb or even on these threadsā€¦food for thoughtā€¦
back tomorrow after I have listed the new painting.
Great work ladies.

I agree Brenda, maybe itā€™s a good time to promote ACEO again, Iā€™ll help where I can with sharing etc. maybe even do a blog, itā€™s been a while. I did managed to mount 6 ACEO yesterday, going to try some of them over tā€™other side first see if they sell, and the tiles I painted are ready to list so hereā€™s the first one

1 Like

Oh yes Iā€™ll join in with aceo promotion too.

Definitely give your wrists a rest Brenda. I gave up crochet for the same reason, a real shame because I like to do crochet. I learnt to knit but it takes me so long! Iā€™ve almost finished a long fairilse sock and have enjoyed the challenge but Iā€™m very rarely motivated to pick it up and work on it.

Weā€™ve just had our hall landing and stairs decorated so today Iā€™ll be sorting, cleaning and putting things back where they belong. Hopefully some stuff will be going to the tip as we always seem to hang on to things just in case theyā€™re ever needed again.

Ha ha Stephie my hubby is a champion hoarder and while he is at hospitalā€¦i sort of ā€œloseā€ things not sure where I take them of courseā€¦and I deny everythingā€¦I would dearly love to remove the over 2000 paperback books that he is piling up in the bedroomā€¦one morning I will wake up and be boxed in !!!
a few large items have gone to the recycle centre but I didnā€™t do itā€¦honestly !..ha ha
I will start a chat thread on here and also do something on fb to promote aceos and folksyā€¦I havenā€™t done it for a whileā€¦so we need to do some promoting.
Max those flowers are amazingā€¦Stephieā€¦I am loving all your latest ones tooā€¦all we need are the sales to go with the listings, although I cannot complain as I have done well this monthā€¦

OKā€¦I have started an aceo threadā€¦please add yourā€™s to the listā€¦I will add a few from my shop each day, to keep the thread bumpedā€¦

1 Like

Yes Brenda, I cut it by hand =] I have a bit of an obsession with detail! Needless to say, I have a neck ache after leaning over this for hours!

1 Like