Art Chat Thread October 2016

WOW Hanna-Mae…I cannot even contemplate something so delicate…and I have phobia of things that cut…(knives, glass etc)…Paint brushes are good…nice and soft…lol…
Your work is awesome…please keep sharing on this thread…art encompasses a multitude of media…
Today, I have a hand painted greetings card.
Acrylic on white card

1 Like

Hello everyone.
I haven’t had time to keep up with the forum recently, I’ve struggled to keep up with social media!
It’s good to see you’ve all been busy. Lovely work from you all.

Here are a couple of pieces i finished yesterday.
One is based on Alice in Wonderland. I really tend to stay away from other people ideas/characters but Alice is one i like to visit every now and again, and the characters of The League of Gentlemen, because they’ve both been a huge influence on what I do.

Here are some pink girlies.

1 Like

Love those Lowri, especially the row of gloomy girls - you’ve captured something of the school girl gang there.

I’ve just framed and listed this one

2 Likes

Waving Lowri and Stephie…I am showing this card because although the flower pieces were die cut it was all completely hand painted without any rubber stamps…

3 Likes

Lovely card Brenda.

I’ve framed another of my flower paintings

2 Likes

Thanks Steph’- they’re sort of the gang of weird girls. :smiley:
I absolutely love the mini frames you’re using at the moment, so so cute, as are the paintings too :smiley:

Hi Brenda, very nice card, it’s deffo’ got that something special <3

I’m going to be drawing on a window for a Halloween/Fireworks window display today, I’m a bit nervous. I’m not sure how ‘Twinkle & Gloom’ I’m allowed to go so we’ll see how it turns out. :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow Lowri that sounds fab…will you have to do it from the inside and work back to front? Could be complicated with any lettering…(been there done that…lol) Good luck
Stephie, that is lovely
I have another card today…i know it is a card but all of it is hand painted and the background is also my own painting

3 Likes

ahoy there my lovelies, been busy this week planning for exhibitions art and jewellery, new class changing to paper crafts next and family stuff. Loving the flowers Brenda, I like the 3D element.

Frames look great Steph, I picked up a few packs last time I was there, got lots of ideas but no time…

Ooh have a spooktastic time Lowri, would love to see the finished window :ghost:

Gorgeous work Hannah

Here’s one of the mounted ACEO’s I painted last week, not sure if you can see the glitter :sparkles:

2 Likes

Oh my god that’s beautiful Steph! <3
Gorgeous colours.

My window went well thanks ladies. By the time it came to the second window i was pretty tired so it wasn’t quite as exciting- I also had to consider the space a bit more and leave more blank as the displays take a lot of the window. Follow this link to see the post about the window LINK
Here are some snaps

2 Likes

Great work Lowri…
loving that one Max…
waving to you all…off to do some faves now
enjoy your weekend x

1 Like

Looks Great Lowri. feeling a bit meh today had my flu jab yesterday and gave blood on Wednesday probably not a good idea to do both in the same week lol! I think a quiet day in the craft room, but I’m hoping to do a challenge for the Windsor Newton Pro Markers, if I get around to it I’ll post a pic later on :slight_smile:

meantime here’s another of the enchanted woodland ACEOs I mounted

2 Likes

well MAX you know my opinion on flu jabs…I don’t do them , nor tablets, nor doctors…and please don’t get me started on doctors…our doctor sent a letter today asking hubby to get in touch for a blood test to test his kidneys…for one thing he should KNOW that he is housebound and SURELY he is aware that he has been on dyalisis for 9 months now???..I have had steam coming out of my ears all day…big cloud over Port Talbot ! THAT is just ONE of the problems with the NHS in the last 24 hours !!!
Fab painting…beautiful purple of course…I have been cutting dies all day ready for painting tomorrow.

2 Likes

Morning gang :slight_smile: Lots of lovely paintings on here since my last visit, my favourite is Max’s second enchanted woodland - full of mystery and magic.

I’m just about to list the last of my framed miniatures for the time being, back shortly…

…and here it is

1 Like

Loving the colours on that one Stephie (who would have guessed…lol)
Today I have an 8x6" watercolour

2 Likes

I have a new painting huzzah!

I’m spending this afternoon making a frame. I’ve never done one bigger than a few inches before but my workforce and the lego jig seem to be holding up…

1 Like

Love the lego holding it all together…lol…brilliant…I love a bit ingenuity …
I have been painting cards today…taking a very short break from landscapes because they were all getting to look the same…lol…
Great painting too and love the painting behind the frame.

1 Like

I think I made the frame slightly too small :confused: I’m painting it anyway and will attempt to force the painting in with fingers crossed that it doesn’t fall apart! It’s one of those floating frames that goes around the canvas board.

Here’s another tiny framed painting

1 Like

Totally wonderful Steph’ <3

waving all…that looks good to me Stephie…clever lady making the frames as well.
I have been making more cards but also have a relisted acrylic box canvas today