August Amigos Daily Listers Challenge Thread 1st t 31st August

Hi everyone. I have had a busy day already. My workshop has been delivered - just. Bearing in mind it is pouring down with rain, I had the most awful delivery driver come to the house. He took one look at our back garden and said ‘Can’t deliver it here, love’ of course my response was ‘Why’? Can’t deliver over mud - the workmen who have put in our wonderful fence (pics to follow) have left a thin layer of soil over the end of the access way at the back garden. I said that it was only a thin layer and it was concrete underneath. He then went on fo about 5 mins about how expensive his palette truck was and he hasn’t got £2000 to replace it. I said, neither have I - I will remove the soil. I get a spade from the shed and remove the layer of soil from the surface. By this time, he is on the phone to his office, trying to cancel the delivery - one I had waited in all day for yesterday then didn’t come- He then had to wait for an answer from his office. He then said that he couldn’t deliver it because the palette truck wouldn’t fit under the palette! I pointed out that it must have to have put the order on the truck in the first place. At this point (chuntering) he moved the order in front of mine, then put the workshop (flat packed) onto the tail lift. At this point I am completely soaked. He got the delivery off and made a very week attempt to roll the shed onto our driveway. He couldn’t do it because there is a tiny incline. I said he had better leave it where it was then. Much muttering and chuntering later he got back in his lorry, heading off to the main road in the wrong direction. I forgot to tell him he needed to turn round - ooops! Why do people do the jobs they hate???

Any way, on the plus point, my HUGE cooksons order has also arrived - will open it later on, sans children and enjoy my guilty pleasure.

Until then, a relist.

Jacqueline x

4 Likes

@JAustenJewelleryDesign Some people are so miserable aren’t they feels good to have the last laugh though. Hope he got lost. Enjoy your parcel opening later.
Gill x

2 Likes

Afternoon everyone

Sue @BeadstormJewellery Ouch, that sounds painful!! Hope your knee is ok and not too sore x

Jacqueline @JAustenJewelleryDesign He sounds so rude! Would loved to have seen his face when he realised he had to turn round hehehe!!! Have fun with the Cookson parcel! :grinning:

I have this bracelet to show you today:

All caught up to here, see you all later,

Jayne x

3 Likes

Hi everyone ,
Sorry I’m late! So needless to say I’ve not read or pinned today’s but will do.
Something different today, pretty ribbons :heart_eyes:

Max @paperchainsandbeads I’ve two sales for stationery tally please X

Right off to catch up, Steph xx

2 Likes

Hi all, sorry I haven’t been around last couple of days - had a migraine yesterday. I don’t suffer as much as many, but they’re still not conducive to creativity so I didn’t even manage a relist yesterday! Here’s one for today.

Not sure how much I’ll be making or listing over the next week as my Mum is coming to stay and we’re hoping to take her out and about a fair bit, but I’ll keep popping in to spread some love :slight_smile:.
Enjoy your weekends!

2 Likes

Its been a long week but progress is being made

Still a bit to do - oven needs wiring in, some wall cupboards and shelves to go up and a couple of doors to put on and tiling to do but getting there - then on to my felting counter, can’t wait for that :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Afternoon All, tail chasing here after a week of days out , just ctahcing up on some loving xx

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m very late joining this month as I’ve been on holiday, but I hope you don’t mind me getting on board at this point…

I have listed a new design which was inspired by my trip to Italy, I have one myself and got a lot of use out of it while I was away. It’s nice to use you’re own stuff sometimes hey?

@RavelloDesigns I hope you feel better, migraines are horrible.

Right I have a lot of catching up to do, so will get viewing and liking now!

Charlotte xx

6 Likes

Wow Roz! You kitchen looks stunning. Love the work top. I think we might have at least another year before we have a working kitchen. Already talking about having a BBQ on Christmas day!

@RavelloDesigns So sorry to hear you have a migraine. I totally sympathise xx

3 Likes

I have a sale to report Max @paperchainsandbeads
https://folksy.com/items/6889208-Pink-Cream-Marl-Crochet-Mobile-iPhone-6-Cozy-with-Button

3 Likes

I am pleased with it Jacqueline @JAustenJewelleryDesign - the builder originally quoted for a custom made kitchen but it was way over what I could afford. Then I stumbled across this one in Wickes - units and tiles were all at 40% off and worktop 30% off so couldn’t really refuse! Had to adjust the plan a bit but as its just me most of the time I didn’t need anything too fancy.

5 Likes

Evening, just had a few days away and did a little knitting, added it to my other little forgotten shop :slight_smile:
Ps it’s me Jacqueline o Jewellery, bet you didn’t know i could knit too :smiley: my hands get fed up so on holidays i end up knitting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We will probably have a good look in wickes once we are at that stage. Can’t wait to get that far.

I have a couple of pictures of the fence. Sorry it isn’t the whole thing, but you will get the idea.

The gates have been delayed, but will be fitted as soon as they can be. Should be great.

Jacqueline x

10 Likes

Wow Jacqueline @JAustenJewelleryDesign that garden looks massive. Don’t envy you that much fence to paint!

Kitchen is looking good Jax @OrchardFelts. I like Wickes - always think their prices are reasonable.

Thanks for the poorly knee sympathy wishes - much better today and I can bend it without much discomfort.

I’m meant to be doing an outdoor event this weekend, but there’s a severe weather warning with strong winds for tomorrow afternoon, so I think I might give it a miss and get on with more decorating. Hopefully Sinday will be better and I will at least be able to set up my stall for the day.

Another re-list and a sale to report please Max @paperchainsandbeads

1 Like

Yes Sue, the garden is huge! I can not wait to get it sorted and start making it pretty. I love being outside.

Package one of my Cooksons Order is now being overseen by the other half. A new workbench. I now have it assembled in the lounge! He has now started on package two - oh dear. He will see what I have spent!

Jacqueline x

5 Likes

Good morning.

Jacqueline @JAustenJewelleryDesign your fence looks the same as my Dad’s and your garden does look huge. My garden is long at 234’ but it’s only 50’ wide.

https://folksy.com/items/6502834-Hand-knitted-beanie-hat-in-orange-and-blue-for-children-or-teenagers

2 Likes

All loved to here
Kitchen looks lovely Roz @OrchardFelts
Fab big garden Jacqueline @JAustenJewelleryDesign
I know that feeling Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery I’ve not had a sale on this one since 2015 or the other one @JacquelineOJewellery for a month :frowning: i’m hoping it starts to pick up.

3 Likes

A relist from me this morning, gets a bit confusing using 2 shops lol

1 Like

I’ve been having a go at gift tags - here’s the first set . . .

1 Like

Morning Amigos and happy Saturday to you.
Maxine @paperchainsandbeads, I had a sale last night, 2 items to one customer so I’m double dancing here.

My listing for today

5 Likes