August Art chat thread

Lovely abstracts Stephie! Afraid I can’t help Pam either, that sounds very strange!

well I’m trying now on my laptop to see if I can comment and post a pic as well https://folksy.com/items/6650683-Victorian-art-Spring-walk-Nursery-Wall-art-Original-art-by-Pamela-West

Looks like it still doesnt work

experimenting for Pam…well it works for me…how odd.
https://folksy.com/items/6650683-Victorian-art-Spring-walk-Nursery-Wall-art-Original-art-by-Pamela-West

1 Like

Good afternoon, I sometimes have prolems on my i-pad as well, I have to comment 1st add a couple of returns to make space between the writing and the picture and then add the pic link but it takes a while to then load. Try the same on your laptop and press return a couple of times before pasting picture link

Lovely work Pam I especially love the little girls :slight_smile:
Really interesting series Stephie

1 Like

I have already suggested that to Pam, Max…I can’t work out what the problem is as Pam has now tried her laptop and still can’t do it…
I always press return (with a fullstop in between) before I paste the link…

good morning all…today I have another mixed media abstract painting…love doing these…they are such a nice change from doing landscapes.
https://folksy.com/items/6885900-Mixed-media-impressionist-abstract-art-painting-ref-617

1 Like

evening all, they are very pretty flowers Brenda :slight_smile:

Hello everyone.
I’ve been a bit quiet on the forum and over social media as I had a week camping with my parents to have some family time. :slight_smile:
There’s so much wonderful work from everyone, it’s good to see everyone so busy and productive.

Here’s one of my latest pieces:

1 Like

Lowri…I hope you had a good time…too many spiders for me to even contemplate camping and if I got down on the floor into a tent I would probably never get up again…ha ha…
At least today we are having some sunshine…it has been wet here nearly all week…
No time for painting for me today…I needed to find a bag to go with a wedding outfit. We ordered one from AMa…and it said 6 weeks delivery…(7 weeks ago)…no bag so we emailed the supplier to be told that customs had opened it and returned it to sender. NO ONE thought to let us know…now I don’t have enough time to search for a new one.
Undaunted…I found a black and silver bag…my outfit is a sort of royal blue/purple and black…so I though that the black silver bag would be the nearest I could get. I have had this bag for ages and never used it…
Then I had a lightbulb moment and got out my promarkers and coloured all the silver glitter…NOW…I have a lovely black and purple glitter bag that matches my outfit perfectly…sorted…

3 Likes

We where in a camper van so where where quite comfy and well protected from spiders!! :smiley:

Your outfit sounds lovely. :smiley:

1 Like

A bit of purple glitter goes a long way Lowri…no other colour really. (I have a reputation to keep up)…and with years of dressing up and performing in shows, I have learnt how to paint shoes etc to match costumes…and I know that no one will have anything the same !

3 Likes

Morning everyone, I’m back from a short camping trip - although like Lowri it wasn’t really camping, we borrowed my dad’s touring caravan and took it to Delamere Forest for a few days. The weather was gorgeous, we did some cycling in the forest, some visiting Tudor (and Roman) towns nearby, and a little bit of painting. Daughter Kit and I felt VERY proud of ourselves, we managed the whole towing on the motorway/setting up/packing up/emptying the loo (ew)/hitching to the car/REVERSING/towing home entirely on our own :blush:

Your outfit sounds fab Brenda, do post a picture when the big day has been and gone!

This is a little painting I did before we left but didn’t have time to list

1 Like

Meet one of my new muses, Ripley…he’s a Cinnamon Trust dog, I walk him once a fortnight, and it was his brother Rufus that we broke (I’m pretty sure I’ve told the story, do let me know if I haven’t or you want to hear it again). Rufus is recovering slowly, I believe he’s had his stitches out but is still on full cage rest :slight_frown:

Also, I’ve written a mini review of watercolours and masking tape, I hope it’s useful!

evening all, cute poochie Stephie and well done you and Kit on the camping/caravan not sure I’d be brave enough to tow lol!. I’m really hoping to get some painting time in next week whilst I’m off got almost a week off, I have to go in for one afternoon for a workshop but I’m not bothered as we are going for pizza afterwards :slight_smile:

1 Like

back from my trip to Scotland…no painting time yet…piles of washing…sigh.
The wedding was fabulous…so many men in kilts…sigh…
I will need a few days to get back to creating.
Glad to be home. The journey was too far for hubby really but being our son, we had to make the effort. I waved as we went past your way Stephie…and also to Margaret…
We did the journey each time in 7 hours which wasn’t too bad
hope you have all been busy creating while I have been gone.

2 Likes

Welcome back Brenda, I’ve missed you. The photos on fb look fab!

Thank you Stephie…it was a LONG journey and we are still recovering…lol…
Today I am back in the “Zone”…and hope to paint later. I still have loads of unlisted paintings, so that will tide me through for a few days.
Here is one I did earlier (ha ha)

2 Likes

That’s lovely. I’m itching to try out my mica powder but I have to concentrate on silk painting this week, I’m running a workshop on Saturday so need to refresh my knowledge and make sure there are no hiccups with the steaming process. So far so good, I’ve only had one disaster and I know what I did wrong.

Meanwhile here’s a new listing from me

1 Like

I feel like I am being watched Stephie…lol…BIG GREEN EYES…great
Good luck with you class…I used to love teaching and doing demos…I am sure it will go well.

1 Like