August Art chat thread

I’ve been taking inspiration from the garden centre! Just completed a summery oil painting. You can see the photos I took (and links to other great work) on my blog: https://hanna-mae-illustration.org/2016/08/13/finding-inspiration/

3 Likes

welcome Hanna-Mae
Lovely painting…
Morning all…a lovely day at last…time to paint I think…

1 Like

Ah that’s so sweet Hanna-Mae. Is it partially digital or are you exceptionally patient to be able to do that border so perfectly?

I was out sketching yesterday, it was gorgeous weather. I nearly always start a sketch like this with a yellow sharpie to establish where everything should be. All I can say is it’s a good job they float, I nearly lost the lot!

lovely work Stephie and I know you love the water, you could have used the painting as a surf board…ha ha
Here is my listing for today…been one of those days rushing around everywhere. Trying to get a blue badge for hubby…no chance…he has to GO into the council offices himself…hello…he can hardly walk more than a few yards (car par for civic centre a long way off)…and he cannot even get in the car. I appreciate that they have to stop the fraudsters…but still…sigh…

Ah what a pain Brenda, I feel for you. Lovely wintery fantasy scene.

I’ve just written a blog about what happened to my paintbox yesterday.

Melting White Nights Watercolour - a story of Cerulean Blue

1 Like

Gorgeous work ladies.
I especially love your fairy girl Hanna :slight_smile:

I’ve been suffering from Artists block but I’ve been working on some really impulsive pieces and trying to minimize my use of black lines. I’ve also been working on some new jewellery designs.

1 Like

I hope you were able to rescue your paint Stephie…and I hope you notified the makers.
Welcome back Lowri…I suffer from artist’s block all the time, which is why I often just throw the paint at the paper and see what evolves…(often not very much…lol)
Today I have a watercolour with a cling film background

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’ve been doing- just making it up as I go along. :smiley:
Interesting cling film result Brenda- really effective!
Rainy result-

I like your black lines Lowri, they make your work even more unique.

Here’s a new one from me

great work ladies…horrid weather outside…good idea to stay indoors and paint!

good afternoon, lovely work everyone, I haven’t really painted for ages just not had the time nor energy lol!. But as I had a week off (it absolutely flew by!!) I did get around to doing some paintings, they are destined to go over t’other side as they seem to do well over there but here’s a few of them for you to see, you might recognise the bottom one it’s the original of the pendant I made last week

Max, those are lovely…you should have more time off work…lol

1 Like

These are really beautiful Max, they’re so tiny! Being a miniature artist myself (I love saying that, it conjures up images of teeny tiny people painting) I know ho difficult these diddy ones can be.

This week I have to see if I can reproduce 4 sketches by Arthur Rackham in a 1:12th scale - they’ll be roughly 2 x 1.5cm each. Yikes!

Yesterday’s silk scarf workshop went really well, everyone enjoyed it including me :smiley: I made a loss but that was to be expected as the set up costs were high, but I’ve already booked the venue for a Christmas scarf workshop so I should make it up then. Some of my students said that the whole experience would make a good gift, so I’ll use that in my marketing for the next one too.

Here’s a quick slideshow of my less social-media-shy participants

1 Like

well done Stephie…the pictures look lovely…I bet everyone had a lovely day.

1 Like

good afternoon, first day back in work after a week off and it flew by, I had to be reminded to go home lol!. I saw the scarves on FB Stephie, beautiful I especially liked the daffodil one really pretty
Wave :wave: to Brenda :slight_smile:

1 Like

waving back Max…how is the new job going?

Good morning, its going great Brenda, I really enjoy it and feel like I have found my place, the staff are lovely and very welcoming and the work I’m doing now (I help with finding out about new approved cancer drugs and treatments and do the implementation planning) feels very worth while, and no travelling which is brilliant :wink:

thought I would show this here today, it’s not my usual scrapbook, this one is filled with artist grade mixed media 300gsm paper, perfect for artists :slight_smile:

Max, that is lovely…I need to do some more mixed media work…I get fed up with landscapes sometimes…(quite often…lol)
I have plans to try some mixed media work tomorrow when Ted is at hospital.
Does anyone else get bored with the “same old, same old”?
Today I have ANOTHER boring landscape…lol…

1 Like

Haha yes me too that’s why I do so many different things, I don’t even like to wear the same clothes regularly or eat the same food lol !. I love the rocky effect on this one Brenda