August Art chat thread

I am always changing what I do Max…I have done most things, except sewing…I hate sewing
Today I have listed a North American Indian portrait that I did some time ago

Oh goodness me yes to getting bored, that’s why I do so many different subjects and styles! And also why I paint in various coffee shops, I need the variety and the hustle bustle. I can’t bear being in the same space all the time.

1 Like

I painted this one this morning while waiting for my car to have its brakes checked

1 Like

lovely work Stephie…that is what I like to see…I cannot bear sitting doing nothing. When Ted was having his dyalisis i Scotland I crocheted a scarf and have since sold it. I was tempted to take painting but wasn’t sure about the availability of water or even somewhere to sit with a table…Just sitting drinking tea would not have suited me at all.
Today I hope to do some painting and I have a 3d Doodler to play with… Someone sent me a youtube with how to make your own stencils using a glue gun…brilliant…and I think my doodler will also do the same thing…I shall be experimenting…watch this space.
I have two canvases that I started yesterday but I was using thick acrylics and I had to wait for them to dry, so hopefully those will be finished tomorrow.

Ooh that sounds interesting, what’s a 3d doodler?

Re the water, I carry a waterbrush that’s prefilled. It’s very good.

I have loads of water brushes…never occurred to me to take one of those with me…lol…duh
A 3d doodler is a pen…like a glue gun that shoots out plastic threads and you can draw with it and also do 3d models with it check out 3Doodler (not 2D Doodler) on youtube… I would not have bought it for myself and there is a strong smell of melting plastic that worries me a bit but it was a present and so I will use it…
Today I have been doing mixed media paintings and also painting with a palette knife…learning curves are good…eventually…lol

1 Like

Oh my. They look amazing! You can use it in your mixed media work.

I love palette knife painting, it’s very relaxing. I really should get my oils out and do some.

THis is one of yesterday’s paintings…mixed media, including painting, stamping, spraying and of course compulsory glitter.

1 Like

I love that one Brenda, very well composed and so sparkly and glittery

1 Like

I have just listed another cat aceo. I seem to have a bit of a theme going on lately!

1 Like

That is great Stephie…cats are very popular…
I have just taken a photo of the thick acrylic painting that I did yesterday…I haven’t listed it yet but will show it anyway. SIze 12" x 10" on block canvas.

2 Likes

that’s gorgeous Brenda. Love your kitty too Steph. Was asked to make a card to display an ACEO yesterday so this is what I came up with, thinking I’ll list it here and add the link to my ACEO’s as an option

Great idea Max.
On a similar theme, I found a reasonably local frame maker who does top quality frames to odd sizes. He doesn’t take orders but he said he’ll make up a stack of aceo frames as and when he has spare time. The only thing is, they have glass in them so I’m not sure how I’d post them - have any of you guys had any bad luck posting glass?

lovey idea Max…
waving
Stephie…I have never posted glass…I have a phobia of anything that might cut me…lol…I hate, glass, knives…anything sharp…Your framer would be better if he could make frames minus the glass…apart from which it adds to the weight and possibly complaints if the glass arrived broken.
waving from an (at last) sunny South Wales.

Glass in the post is a big problem…
…we use high UV acrylic, not as heavy or delicate as glass, so a lot safer to use in the post. Our framed prints shown in our shop are available with either 1.5mm or 2.5mm acrylic used both front and back which makes a very sturdy product.
We hold a stock of acrylic sheeting and can cut to almost any size or indeed some of our off-cuts maybe suitable. Originally, we used to do a lot of ‘glass painting’ which worked better with acrylic pieces, a couple of Christmas ‘sun-catchers’ can be seen in our shop as well.
J.

1 Like

Good afternoon, I have posted frames with glass Stephie, I always worry though, the last one I used 2 boxes, well padded the frame in one box and then ‘nested’ that inside a larger box, with lots of bubble wrap, they did all arrive safely, the largest I have posted was a 10 x 10 inch box frame which was then taken all the way to Dubai :)!. I would be interested in trying acrylic though sounds like a great alternative.

Acrylic does sound good, especially if it’s uv protective.

morning all…I have now listed the acrylic flower painting…it took quite a while to dry but is now ready for selling (I hope)…thank goodness it wasn’t an oil painting…that would have taken weeks.