December Sparklers - Daily Listing Challenge Thread December 2016

Thats a pretty necklace Max @paperchainsandbeads

Tricky Roz, @OrchardFelts perhaps she has been struck down with one of the lurgies doing the rounds. I have had a few people having issues paying Paypal invoices recently- maybe use that as a reason/inquiry to get back in touch and let her know that you can only reserve it until the weekend then it will be Listed in your shop for general sale.

2 Likes

It’s really quiet for me too Roz, so I know how you feel!

As to the lady and scarf order, I had this happen to me a while ago, so I sent a final email, very politely saying, not to worry if she had changed her mind, but that if I had not heard from her by 24 hours time, I would be placing the item up for general sale in my shop, where she was welcome to purchase it if she wanted to. She did not come back, and the item was bought eventually by another person.

Natalie

1 Like

Morning Sparklers, how frustrating Roz @OrchardFelts and Valarie @ girl of the sixties do you know your door keys are shown in your photograph of the lovely cushion today?

Morning All and Happy Tuesday all xx

remember 10% of sales to breast cancer charity

1 Like

Still on my trip; back home later today.Steph @stephshortstationery I use Ian Wallace.
Today’s listing adds another oval brooch to the shop

1 Like

Morning

That brooch looks lovely @thatenamelguy

Morning Sparklers. Just listed another pompom wreath.

Morning sparklers :slight_smile:
https://folksy.com/items/6942867-Set-Of-4-Quilted-Christmas-Coasters-Primitive-Style-Coasters-

Morning Sparklers, oooh its really quiet with sales this month on here so far, is everyone finding that? I did renew my Plus account but am not sure if I should have, I guess I’m in it for this year but wonder if I should try and boost my “dark side” shop, unfortunately its completely dead! Awww frustrating!

Anyhow, heres mine for today xxx

2 Likes

Morning!
Not read yet but will do
Mine today
https://folksy.com/items/6942513-Christmas-Card-PK-of-Five-Christmas-Coffee-Theme-Handmade-Xmas-Cards

Steph x

Morning Sparklers
Today’s listing

And another one to add to the tally please Max @paperchainsandbeads :blush:

4 Likes

2 more to the tally for me Max @paperchainsandbeads bringing my total to 8 this month.

I’m frantically busy, I’ve got an essay/research proposal to write for my Masters, 40 essays to mark, an application for fellowship to a professional body to write and prep for my Victorian re-enactment at the weekend. I also want to cut and grind some glass but the room is unheated and freezing!

A coaster today

2 Likes

Almost ready to shut up shop here but 2 sales to report please Maxine @paperchainsandbeads.

Heading off for a week in the sun to Gran Canaria - it’s currently around 22 degrees!

Will pop back before I go to wish you all the best.

9 Likes

Good morning all - cold and foggy here in Derbyshire - waiting for the predicted warmer spell tomorrow. Roz @OrchardFelts - did you say something about a Christmas rush - it must have rushed so fast I missed it. @MidnightStarDesigns - I also renewed my Plus but having the same doubts - as you say the other side is not much better at the moment. I am making for the local Prem. Baby Unit at the moment - getting more satisfaction out of it - only ticking over here.

1 Like

Changed the photo on this item as it wasn’t very good,
https://folksy.com/items/6886617-Silver-Bird-Brooch-pin-Tie-Pin-Lapel-pin

1 Like

Morning all - hope everyone is well.

Maxine @paperchainsandbeads - hope everything goes well with the chiropractor and they are able to wrought the same miracle mine did on my poor old back :smiley:

I know what you mean Maureen @sewflair, Roz @OrchardFelts and Colleen @MidnightStarDesigns - what Christmas rush :smirk: I had 2 orders for a bracelet and a necklace in late November and I thought - here we go, but it’s gone quiet again. But hey ho - a friend bought 2 items yesterday, a new pair of earrings that were meant for my shop (but at least that’s 1 less item to photograph!) and a necklace and earrings set from the shop - but I’m modifying it for him, so it doesn’t count as a sale here. I’ve also sold lots of supplies, so it keeps the wolf from the doors :smiley:

I’ve actually listed something new today - a bridal comb. I’d intended to re-photograph the whole of the bridal collection - including this one because the photos are a bit ‘soft’, but decided to list it in the meantime.

On the theme of photographs - I’d like to ‘jazz-up’ the bridal photos a bit and wanted to photograph them against a new background. I’d like to use handmade wrapping paper - the sort with petals and leaves embedded into it (it’s sometimes called mulberry paper), but I’ve not been able to find what I want. The eBay seller I found has sold out of the only one that would be suitable (it needs to be quite subtle). Has anyone any suggestions - and also if I buy it and it arrives folded, do you think I’d be able to iron out the creases ? :smirk:

Anyway - back to the new listing:

2 Likes

totally christmassy

2 Likes

Karen @silvertreejewellerydesign - I see you are in Leicester so maybe you occasionally get over to Grantham - there is a little art/toy shop there called Westgate Gallery that used to sell some beautiful “handmade” (?) Japanese silk tissue papers - its the only place I’ve ever seen it. Might be worth giving them a ring and seeing if they do mail order - they were always very friendly and helpful. If I still lived that way I would go and investigate for you but am now a bit too far away! Pretty sure you can iron it.