New 'About Me' section!

Oooh fab! I just did mine! I just copied my old about me over along with my T&C’s etc.

3 Likes

I like this new section, it’s great being on the same page as the shop BUT… I do prefer the facebook and blog buttons etc to be at the top where it was.
I’ve done mine, I just copied and pasted the old about me page :slight_smile: x

1 Like

Liking the new section :slight_smile: The spacing is a bit funny, if I leave a blank line I get a bigger space than the space between the heading and the text; if I don’t leave any blank lines it all looks a bit squished. I’m just nitpicking though :wink:

Me too, all done. Now let the orders roll in!!
Suzzie x

1 Like

can someone please tell me if I put a photo in will it replace my blue heart icon and I don’t want to change it

Eileen, putting a photo in the ‘about’ bit will not take your blue heart avatar away.
Suzzie x

1 Like

no - mine hasn’t - i have the new photo at bottom and my profile piccie is still the same.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your help.

I think I should have done it after dinner as I’m in the middle of cooking the dinner. I better go check it’s not burnt to a crisp

1 Like

eileen - it’s on this thread near the top … here’s the bit …

In the meantime, you can still access your “meet the maker” content by going to the “Profile settings” link in the “Your Profile” section of the seller’s dashboard, @KBCreations
I should note that the section appears at the bottom of the shop page, and can be scrolled to by clicking the “About” link in the shop page header. Oh, and it only appears if you provide all three bits of information: an image, a strapline, and the main body of the text.

eileen - i hope that helps - may be worth copying your pfrile bit soon in case profile bit goes - ?

1 Like

Ahh Sally, it’s lovely to see your face! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

hmmm…if you say so ! thanks :slight_smile:
your photo is lovely :slight_smile:

1 Like

My friend took about 50 pics of me, for me to just like 1 of them :wink: (I hate having my picture taken!)

1 Like

Thanks everyone done it but I don’t like that huge photo at the bottom of my main page :frowning:

Dinner is well I’d rather not mention it :frowning:

You don’t have to put a photo there if you don’t want to @EileensCraftStudio but it is a very lovely hat!

It wouldn’t save without a photo

Thank you about the hat I think at another point I might try a different photo as that one was taken in portrait and I think if I can find one in landscape it might not look so huge lol

1 Like

The first photo I used seemed huge, it was 700 pixels square so I’ve cropped it to make it height smaller, it looks better now x as long as the width stays at 700px it’s fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve done mine, quite like the new section now.

1 Like

Sorry for not explaining it better. I’m going to do a blog post about it tomorrow which should answer any questions, but hopefully this will help in the meantime.

The new About section is going to replace what is currently your ‘Meet the Maker’ page.
If you want to use the text that is currently on your Meet the Maker page you can access that in the ‘Profile’ section of your dashboard. This field won’t be deleted (at least not for a while).

There is a new button just below your shop banner called ‘About’ and if you click that it jumps down to the About section which is at the bottom of the shop page.

We want to streamline all the different sections because it’s confusing and they’re called different things in different parts of the site. So:

• the About section is where you can add lots of information about you
  • the ‘Buying from Me’ section is going to be renamed Shop Policies and this is where you can add any specific information about orders and refunds etc. This will eventually go below the about section rather than as a pop-up (as it currently is)
  • the Shop Tagline is where you add your tagline (a short snappy synopsis)

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Right, #folksyhour time!!

4 Likes

It would appear the Folksy team have been busy beavers recently not only releasing a new shop announcement feature but now we have a new “about” section. Loving it @folksycontent - keep them coming :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Roz
Popped over to your about section which looks amazing and inspired me to do mine, lets hope it keeps out the non crafters as they won’t be able to put up making pictures .
mel