New 'About Me' section!

Trouble is…the ‘meet the maker’ section has gone. If I had known in advance I could have kept a copy of what I had written in there as a starting point to filling in the new section!:confused:

Kim @KBCreations, it is still there go to the other thread and Doug has just explained it all,
Suzzie x

1 Like

Only threw a few things in to see what it looked like - will have to have a good think about what to put in there - think I might try some “in progress” pics if I ever get around to taking any!

oh no I’ve a problem I usually click on my name next to plus account and it would take me to the meet the maker bit now it doesn’t work

Not a happy bunny as I didn’t save that bit into a word document in fact I’m a bit annoyed

Eileen you can still get to it via your profile.

it’s still there in the profile section of dashboard - just cut and paste it into new section.

Where can I find it ?

Oooh fab! I just did mine, took about 2 minutes!

2 Likes

at very bottom of dashbaord on left called ‘profile settings’

Yours looks great, Roz! I was a bit worried when I looked at the thread announcing the feature, where it said add a photo- I thought it meant a photo of me! :open_mouth:
I’ll have to think about what to put there…

well it’s not saving my stuff and why do I have to add another photo?

I don’t want another photo for my shop my shop photo is an example of what I make.

Eileen @EileensCraftStudio if you look at the thread from Folksy about the announcement it explains it - it will only show up if you fill in all the info. I think the additional photo is to enable you to add maybe works in progress etc

I’ve copy and pasted my bit but it’s not saving and I’ve no idea how anyone else can see what I’ve put when they go to my shop front of any of my listings

it won’t save it unless you fill in all the sections - simply add a photo of one of your products and it will save.

they just click on the about button at the top of the shop page to read about you.

but if I do that will it change my blue heart photo ?

No, that’s a different section.

sorry - i mean in the new ‘about’ section add a photo of perhaps one of your products and then it will save okay. Leave the profile settings area (apart from copying the text you need from there).

There’s no about me button on my front page or any of my listings.

you have to fill in the new ‘about’ section in order for the button to appear at the top of your shop page i think.