New 'About Me' section!

Thanks but I need to know if I put a photo in there will it replace my blue heart icon and that’s my shop icon and I don’t wish to change my shop icon photo

i am talking about the new ‘about’ section not the profile section. the new ‘about’ section need a new photo - it has nothing to do with your small profile piccie. have a look at the thread where doug explains it is probably the best.

Thank Sally that’s great

I’ve no idea where Doug explains it I can’t find anything on the forum from Doug

i’ll send you the link … hang on …

I wonder if @folksycontent or someone could merge the 2 threads about this…it’s confusing having 2 threads running about the same thing!

1 Like

Ooh great, I’ve just put a little in mine. I like it

Sorry I confused things by starting this thread! When I started it Folksy hadn’t put a new thread up and as they didn’t put one up to announce the arrival of the “shop announcement” feature I didn’t realise they would announce this feature and I thought it would be helpful to let people know!

It’s not your fault @OrchardFelts I would have done the same…just thought it would be helpful if they could be merged so that all the information was together… :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would appear the Folksy team have been busy beavers recently not only releasing a new shop announcement feature but now we have a new “about” section. Loving it @folksycontent - keep them coming :slight_smile:

Roz, I’ve merged the two threads as requested. I hope that’s ok.
Thanks for posting yours - I think you beat me to it by a minute! :wink: I saw yours pop up while I was typing!

1 Like

Tried to do mine, filled both text sections and added a pic, 700 wide, 600 high. It did’nt work. It said there was a problem but did not say what. Tried different pics, different sizes, still no luck. Any advice?

Yay! i’ve managed it. I’ve always thought thae ‘meet the maker’ stuff was scattered about in illogical places where I could never remember where to find it! this give you sensible places to put the different info. I settled for a copy of my shop banner in the photo slot as it insisted I had something.

The only thing I would suggest as an improvement is that once you are whizzed down to the bottom of the page and have finished reaing, it would be good to have a ‘return to Top of Shop’ button to get back up.

Thankyou, Folksy Team!

3 Likes

Have you filled in both sections and added a photo Tricia. It only works if all three bits are filled in.

Yes, filled both text bits and added a photo. Maybe try again tomorrow. Thanks anyway.

What kind of photo were you trying to upload? Was it a jpeg?

Yes, jpeg. I’m going to give it one more try now.

Just tried again, still no good. I get this message.

‘We’re sorry, but something went wrong.’

‘If you are the application owner check the logs for more information’

Where are the logs?

That’s weird. I’ve just checked it and I can’t work out what happened as it seems to be ok? I’ll ask @dougfolksy to look at it in the morning.

Sorry about that!

Just got mine sorted, only took a few minutes! Had to change my instagram address as it took me nowhere, then remembered I changed it to have some uniformity throughout my business, I wonder if I should change my Folksy shop name to SueTrevorTextiles?

I added a photo of myself, but it’s quite big…might put the buyers off :smile: I’ve yet to write anything so it’s not showing yet , I’m deciding whether to use it or not :o) most of you have put pictures of what you make …