Shop Noticeboard needed on every page, shop front and individual listing pages

@folksycontent Camilla

That calls for a Happy Dance.

Thank you. xx

7 Likes

Oooh Iā€™m looking forward to these exciting changes!

1 Like

Great idea Joy, Voted :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Folksycontent Camilla

Any news on the shop noticeboard facility.

My holiday approaches and once again, as per usual I am reduced to adding a notice to my shop front banner to tell the world Iā€™m closed for September but knowing my customers wonā€™t realise that when they look at my individual listings and see only the unavailable notice.

And then of course Christmas 2016 approaches at a rapid rate of knotsā€¦

Maybe we need more votes : here /: :slight_smile:

(Interestingly the forum to my right says:

ā€œRevive this topic?
The last reply to this topic is now over 92 days old. Your reply will bump the topic to the top of its list and notify anyone previously involved in the conversation.
Are you sure you want to continue this old conversation?)ā€

1 Like

Iā€™ve just added 3 votes to this.

1 Like

Thanks Helen.

1 Like

Voted too! Great idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brilliant idea, and voted.

1 Like

Brilliant ideaā€¦iā€™ve added my votes to it too.

1 Like

@folksycontent Camilla

Any news on this please.

Getting really fed up with having to change my banner every time I take a break, which I do at least twice a year.
All I need is a ā€˜sticky tabā€™ facility to appear prominently on my front page and on all listing pages on which I choose my own message to tell my potential customer why my stuff is unavailable and when it will be avaiable again.

I really donā€™t like to see this on my shop pages "Weā€™re currently away ". I donā€™t tell people that I am away only that my shop is closed. I donā€™t think itā€™s securitywise a good message to give out to the world.
Iā€™m not necessarily away, Iā€™m just taking a break.

Please please pretty pretty please.

Weā€™re trying to make this happen for you, Joy. Iā€™ve messaged you with an update.

1 Like

Thanks Camilla
Much appreciated. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
xx

Camilla Thought you might find this interesting. Spotted it in the window of a B&M shop in Sisteron and thought it a rather perfect example of the sort of thing we need. This a simple notice stuck up in the window explaining why shop is closed / when it will be open again.

1 Like

Look what we made for you, Joy @JOYSofGLASS.
Hope you like it and it does what you need it to :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is great, thanks.

would it be possible not to have the ā€œholiday!ā€ bit of text above your name when you close your shop?

We havenā€™t made any changes to the Holiday Mode notification @SallyandtheFreckles so it still says ā€œWeā€™re currently away and wonā€™t be able to process orders.ā€ When you put your shop in Holiday Mode it means people canā€™t buy your items although they can still see them, so itā€™s does a slightly different job from the Shop Announcement feature. But you could use them together, for example, if you put your shop in Holiday Mode you could also add an Announcement to let shoppers know when youā€™ll be back.

I could see if we could change the wording on the holiday mode to something like ā€œWeā€™re currently taking a break and wonā€™t be able to process ordersā€ - if people think that would be better?

Also there was a bug on Holiday mode yesterday which showed an extra ā€˜Holidayā€™ bit next to the notification, but it should be fixed now? Let me know if not.

hi camilla - yes it was the ā€œholiday!ā€ bit i was talking about - i thought it was new - and is very prominent when you close your shop at the moment.
i think best not to say shop owner away/on holiday etc.
could it just say - shop is closed temporarily etc. but will be back soon etc.
i noticed this displayed on another shop yesterday actually.

thanks

Is it still showing on your shop Sally?

yes. thatā€™s what confused me i think

@folksycontent Camilla you and the team are stars. Thank you very much.

No more messing with my banner. Happy Bunny.

Trying it out already. : https://folksy.com/shops/JOYSofGLASS

1 Like