UKIP have stolen my image

West Lancs UKIP have stolen my Clock Tower image to use on their website!

They didn’t ask for permission and didn’t credit me as the artist. Supporting local businesses? I think not. They have apologised but still not taken it down - why do they think that this is OK?

This is the image

And this is their website

http://www.ukipwestlancs.org/

They’ve had a week to take it down and it’s still there. I’m not a happy bunny!

2 Likes

That’s just naughty, but not surprising when you see what UKIP have been up to recently. I hope you manage to get it sorted out soon x

Have you posted about this on facebook? If so put the link here and we can all get sharing, that’s disgraceful.

Yeah that is terrible. hope you can get it sorted And definitely do the Facebook thing. I’m sure it will help.

Thanks Roz, this is the facebook link

I’ve written to the local paper too, it’s in today’s weekly issue of the Ormskirk Advertiser. It’s not online yet and ironically, I can’t share a photo of their article due to copyright laws…I’ll write to the paper to ask for permission to share it if it doesn’t appear in the online version of the paper soon.

that’s not on - they should have take it down straight away.

I’ve shared on my personal page, hopefully getting this viral will shame them to removing and giving unreserved apology for stealing your image!

1 Like

That’s rotten of them, they should be ashamed of themselves.

I thought this was a joke to begin with, it reminded me of that book title “When Hitler stole Pink Rabbit”!

I hope you soon get this sorted out, it’s awful behaviour.

Send them an invoice for use of your copyright image - make sure it’s at market rates. They will either pay up or remove it pretty quickly! :smile:

Shared on my facebook page too.

1 Like

Steph I’m so sorry this has happen to you.

I think we should all use their contact bit and complain about his shameful stealing or a artists images.
I’m going to voice my disgust.

Steph have you sent them a Cest and desist letter yet?

That’s really disgraceful that they have done that.
Why don’t you post on their facebook page and on Twitter. Nigel Farage must be on Twitter.

1 Like

I’ve just posted on their facebook page about it. We should all do the same thing demanding they remove Stephanie artwork.

Here is the link to their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/UKIP-West-Lancashire/420383898097517

I’ve posted too.

I’ve also done a post on my facebook page highlighting what’s happened and asking others to help.

Another reason (one of many) to hate UKIP.

Good luck with it!

1 Like

Very naughty but hopefully it will bring you some free publicity?

Shocking! So openly taking your photo and using it. I hope they take it down soon!

I’ve tweeted it.

You should send them a bill.

They have replied on their facebook page and it seems that they are going to do something about it.