Want to be in our Gifts for Teachers guide?

for the teacher who knits😆

Teachers’ Gifts Collection

Bookmarks…

I wish I knew where I was going wrong because despite adding specific items to several of these request threads for the gift guides my cards never seem to make it into the guides, I’ve read the tips on photography retaken photographs, added tags and everything else I can think of so am fast coming to the conclusion my cards just don’t fit in the ‘Folksy ideal’ and I might as well save my listing fees and shut up shop :disappointed:

I have a wide range of printed items that make nice teacher gifts. Mugs, Mouse Mats, Notebooks, Coasters and Cards.

The mugs and coasters come in matching Gift Boxes. The Sheep design is cute as it has three little sheep following an adult like three pupils behind a teacher https://folksy.com/items/5651841-Sheep-Mug

Hi Diane. I’m really sorry to hear you feel like that - I’ve obviously upset you. I did look at the two cards you submitted for this guide but sadly one was photographed on a fabric sheet that had creases and the other one was slightly out of focus, and both had watermarks.

Please don’t give up!

It really is so important to have the best photos you can when selling online - and as well as craftsmanship, originality and design, it’s one of the key things we look for when we feature products. It’s great that you’ve been using the tags and following and contributing to these call outs - that’s one of the best ways to get noticed!

If you want some practical feedback on your pictures, you could ask other sellers for their tips in this thread? Product photography crits - put your product shots up for review!

A notebook:

I’ve just sent out this week’s newsletter with a selection of gifts for teachers.

You’re in it @millyandpip @maxollieandme @frillyindustries @toasted @Lillibets @RubyBijou. Here’s the link if you want to share > http://eepurl.com/bqWDHj

There’s a great competition in there too to celebrate 7 years of Folksy!! Seven whole years. Is there anyone here who has been there from the start?

3 Likes

Thank you so much Camilla - you’re amazing! I’ll be sharing it all over :smile:
Monique
xx

Crochet apples!

1 Like

Thanks so much! So excited to be featured.
xxx

https://folksy.com/items/6676968-A-pair-of-lavender-hearts-made-from-vintage-Laura-Ashley-fabric-denim

No Camilla sorry if I seemed ‘snappy’ you’ve not upset me, probably just caught me on a bad day (tired and in a bit of pain from a dentist visit) it just gets frustrating that I seem to spend more time listing/editing/promoting than I do making and it’s just not translating into sales (on here or my other online sites) I’ve edited the floral card photos so hopefully that one looks better and I’m slowly going through the rest of my photos sharpening the images and removing the watermarking (which is there to try and point people in my direction if my photos get shared online without a link) the photos for the ‘Summer is Here’ card are older photos so will need retaking when I get some decent light (very gloomy here at York today which isn’t helping my mood either.

Oo, that’s wonderful news, thank you. Have a lovely weekend :0)

Hi camilla @folksycontent
I got some help with the pictures.
Do you think these are good enough to get into the gift.guide now?

https://folksy.com/items/6672995-Teacher-thanks-bookmark-

Hello!
Some alternatives to the apple themes :smile:

I’ve got a couple of ideas

For the teacher to keep her files nice and neat - an A4 Ring Binder file cover

or if it has to be Apples - a Tablet cover

Shirley x

Could you try it with a vintage book cover and maybe some foliage or a nice fountain pen, maybe? I don’t feel like the biros aren’t complementing your work - they’re a bit utilitarian if that makes sense? The picture is also still quite fuzzy.

It’s definitely on the right track though. @Rozcraftz might have some good advice?

I’m pleased I’m on the right track now.
I know photos are the bane of most of our lives.
I’ll ask roz @rozcraftz for some advice.
I didnt think of foliage I’ll have ability more of a play.
I have changed afew bracelet photos too.
Using a little cushion hopefully it. Shows them off abit better.