Want to be in our Gifts for Teachers guide?

No Camilla sorry if I seemed ‘snappy’ you’ve not upset me, probably just caught me on a bad day (tired and in a bit of pain from a dentist visit) it just gets frustrating that I seem to spend more time listing/editing/promoting than I do making and it’s just not translating into sales (on here or my other online sites) I’ve edited the floral card photos so hopefully that one looks better and I’m slowly going through the rest of my photos sharpening the images and removing the watermarking (which is there to try and point people in my direction if my photos get shared online without a link) the photos for the ‘Summer is Here’ card are older photos so will need retaking when I get some decent light (very gloomy here at York today which isn’t helping my mood either.

Oo, that’s wonderful news, thank you. Have a lovely weekend :0)

Hi camilla @folksycontent
I got some help with the pictures.
Do you think these are good enough to get into the gift.guide now?

https://folksy.com/items/6672995-Teacher-thanks-bookmark-

Hello!
Some alternatives to the apple themes :smile:

I’ve got a couple of ideas

For the teacher to keep her files nice and neat - an A4 Ring Binder file cover

or if it has to be Apples - a Tablet cover

Shirley x

Could you try it with a vintage book cover and maybe some foliage or a nice fountain pen, maybe? I don’t feel like the biros aren’t complementing your work - they’re a bit utilitarian if that makes sense? The picture is also still quite fuzzy.

It’s definitely on the right track though. @Rozcraftz might have some good advice?

I’m pleased I’m on the right track now.
I know photos are the bane of most of our lives.
I’ll ask roz @rozcraftz for some advice.
I didnt think of foliage I’ll have ability more of a play.
I have changed afew bracelet photos too.
Using a little cushion hopefully it. Shows them off abit better.

Silly question but how long does it take for new photos to show up in the search.

They should update immediately but I think there might be a bug that’s delaying it. I’ve asked our developer if he can let me know if that’s still the case.

Thankyou. sorry I have been such a pain.
Thanks for all your help though.
Fingers crossed next lot of pictures will be better.
:smiley:

Hi Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880 - not sure I’m the best to ask about photographing bookmarks! I only have 2 in my shop and I’m not really happy with the photos for either of them. I would only suggest that perhaps taking photos at a slight angle and as Camilla said use a pretty pen rather than a standard biro or leave it out altogether. Also some of the photos look a little out of focus (but that could be my eyes!) but I think you say you may have taken a few more so my comments are probably out of date!

I create gemstone bookmarks, all unique.

I have tried again think these are much better.
Okay at the moment I only have one of the pictures but I’m having problems loads pictures at mo.
I have emailed for help.

I have some more cards and a personalised print and card set in my shop.

Hi camilla
Everything is working now and I’ve listed the rest of the photos
Do you think it’s.good.enough now to go on the gift guild?

Another A4 Ring binder cover, this time with a Red Deer Stag

Thanks
Shirley

A special way to thank a special teacher! The bookworm bookmark and apple mug coaster are crocheted in 100% cotton and have been stitched to a strong, single piece of A5 card, from which they can easily be removed when required. The greeting on the front of the card reads: ‘Thank you for teaching me. Now it’s time to relax with a good book and a mug of tea!’ The ‘Just to say …’ gift tag (from https://folksy.com/shops/StephShortSupplies) provides space for a greeting and a longer message could be added to the back of the card (between the stitches holding the keepsakes in place) or included separately in the presentation box.

A crocheted apple for teacher in its own jolly basket. The apple bears a ‘Just to say …’ tag large enough for even small hands to write a message and for older pupils to wax more lyrical! Once the apple is removed, the teacher is left with a useful soft basket, perfect for storing small items such as paperclips or rubbers but is especially useful for storing an apple, un-bruised for break time!