👋 Welcome to the Folksy Forums (Read Me)! Introduce yourself here :)

Welcome Charlotte, and good luck with your new Folksy shop, your items are lovely :smiley:

1 Like

Hi My name is Lindsey and I have just set up shop Little Wonders. Am having a few teething problems with postage so any tips would be greatly appreciated. I donate a % of sale of my semicolon brooch to a charity close to my heart Open House Nottingham which supports women with pre and postnatal depression as I experienced this myself and am also admin for the group. Women can discuss thier worries on our closed facebook page ( there is a public page too) I have always dabbled in arty things from amigurumi to making wire mobiles and this is my latest project. Am enjoying it at the moment as I have had a few orders and am very pleased people actually want to buy my brooches. I have two children ( teen and a tween) and have been married for 15 years to my husband who puts up with my projects taking over the house!

1 Like

Beautiful creations love them x

lovely jewellery x

Thank you Little Wonders! xx

1 Like

Hello! I’m Louise, I’ve just recently opened my leather supply store offering cuts and scraps of leather in a large range of fun colours for all kinds of brilliant craft projects! Looking forward to meeting tonnes of creative folk here on Folksy :heart:

1 Like

Hello!

Selling cards and invitations made from real elephant and rhino poo card (yes you read that correctly!)

I’m Jenni just opened my folksy store yesterday! Lovely to see so many crafty people helping each other out!

Given up my zoology job to look after two of my own little monkeys at home so loving this new wee venture!

Please have a look round my new shop :slight_smile: thanks!

https://folksy.com/shops/talkofthetownparties

Welcome Jennifer.

Lovely shop you have! :heart:

I love the Rhino cards!

Thanks!
Love your shop too! Congrats on sales, did it take long? :blush:

1 Like

Helloooooooooooooo out there :sunflower:
My name is Teri and i am the self taught designer, maker and all round Tea gal from Heart of Stones. I make unique, rustic jewellery :ring: with a boho feel (i am covering all the bases hahaha). I use sterling silver, mixed metals and natural gemstones in my designs.

Apart from welding a jewellers saw and hot torch about, i love fishing (totally rock n roll i know), Rocking out to loud music with my two monster (A bit more like it for a gal with bright red hair and tattoo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) and watching black and white B movies with my other half whilst pigging out on pizza.

I am a total newb to Folksy, in fact i only opened my shop yesterday. I do have a website which i started last month but after starting my facebook page and seeing all the fantastic makers on Folksy i had to be a part of it. I am slowly adding products to my page and have yet to figure out how to make a banner or where to go to get one made as i am a complete techno-dunce and mostly rely on my 12 year old son to point me in the right direction. I would be a lot more at home with chalk and a slate board hahaha.

Anyway, enough of my nonsensical ramblings. I just wanted to say hello so… Hullo everyone :heart_eyes:. By the way, im loving these emojis! Can you tell :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’ve been on Folksy for a while, but I’ve never dropped in to the forums before, so I feel like a newbie. I’m Emma from Alfie Purl, where we create beautiful things from the fleece of our own flock of sheep. The sheep run the show, really, and I just try to do them and their wool justice! I particularly love dyeing, and I’ve been having a great time making some fibre blends for spinners and feltmakers. I’m really looking forward to talking with other sellers, and sharing information on this great site.

1 Like

It was about 3 months from joining before my first sale on Folksy :grinning:

1 Like

Hello from another newbie!

I registered on Folksy a while back but have yet to make the best use of it, so with only one item shared, I’m hoping to get advice about promotion and how to make my items look good.

Love the crafts on here though!

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I’ve just opened my shop today! I design colourful and fun prints, cards and gifts. I’ve so far listed 18 items and have many more to add.

Looking forward to being part of the Folksy community.
Please have a look at my shop!

Andrea

1 Like

Thanks, that very kind of you :slight_smile:

Hi !! Not sure what I’m doing but I’m willing to give it a go. I have been a Folksy seller for a while now and although I love designing and creating, I am a bit rubbish at selling so I thought I could use any help that I could get.

Look forward to joining in :smile:

Hi, I make silver jewellery and thought I would give Folksy a go again. Opened my shop a while ago but I don’t think I got the hang of how all this works and nothing happened! Anyway I’ve listed just a few things but have a lot more to add once I’ve got to grips with how to network and promote. There’s certainly some lovely stuff on Folksy!

Hi everyone I am Jade, I am also a creative being :smile:
I make jewellery using a range of different materials, mainly alpaca fleece, my mum has a farm of alpacas in France and well the rest is history so to speak. I have also started making jewellery using watercolour paper, wire and now air dry clay- I love trying new things, not everything works, but I don’t mind as I enjoy the creative process. I joined folksy a while ago, I have been a bit delayed as I am still learning how everything works, whilst also making things and looking after my 16 month old daughter :smile: I just wanted to post a message saying hi to everyone and look forward to reading/viewing other peoples shops x

I’m Suzanne…or Suzzles and my mum taught me how to knit when I was four. I grew up entering our local craft shows and learnt to cross stitch, sew, bake and make vegetable animals as well as the knitting through those. Now I just love to knit and after realising I was rapidly running out of space to keep all the soft toys I made I needed something else to do with my knitting or give it up so Suzzlescraft was born. I like to come up with my own patterns and have fallen in love with making miniature dinosaurs. They all have their own personalities and Marty, the very first one is set on world domination…I catch him holding dino meetings all the time and they are rapidly taking over my desk, book shelves and so far they seem to be building a strong hold in Yorkshire! I’ve been on Folksy for a while and figured it was probably time I plucked up the courage to join in on the forum so hello! waves

Now i better go back to reading the how to guide for the forums so I can join in properly :slight_smile:

Not a newbie, but I feel like one as everything is so different! I reopened my shop today after a long absence, so hi to everyone who remembers me, and also to those that don’t. :smile:

1 Like