šŸ‘‹ Welcome to the Folksy Forums (Read Me)! Introduce yourself here :)

Hi All,

My name is Rachel and my shop is ā€˜thedippycowā€™ I make and sell handmade jewellery from our studio in South Cheshire. Iā€™ve not got around to listing my items yet but hoping to list in the next few days. 5% of all my sales will be donated to Diabetes UK.

Your jewellery is fabulous, will you be doing more in silver?

Thank you so much Natasha! I have a lot more jewellery from my website left to upload to Folksy but getting there slowly! I used to make more silver but eventually found my customers were mainly after gold tones so I probably have 80% gold and 20% silver but always have my ears open to listen to what people want to see more of!
Have you been on Folksy long? How are you finding it? This is my 2nd bash after many years not on Folksy!

1 Like

Welcome to all new members of the Folksy Community. I wish you all the best with youā€™re new shops. x

1 Like

Hi everyone

Iā€™m new to Folksy and the forums so be gentle with me. Iā€™m going to be listing my knitting patterns and a few of my custom made items over the next few weeks ready for the Christmas rush (cough cough).

If there are any tips on how I get seen , please let me know xx

1 Like

Hello Folksy,

I am a new member and needless to say I am very excited to be here. I am a textile designer maker and I will be selling hand embroidered and hand knitted home products and accessories here.

Looking forward to the journey feedback, tips and tricks from fellow members.

Kind Regards,
Sunayana

1 Like

Welcome to Folksy @Sunayana. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll enjoy it here. x

Hi! Everyone,

Yippee!!! Just made my first sale on Thursday. Amazingly it was a commission for something I had not yet designed or made!

It was a ā€˜wrist corsage to die forā€™, for a Prom in the USA. Hadnā€™t even expected a sale of the full corsage in Europe, let alone a sale in the USofA.

Corsages to die for will be my new slogan!!!

Wendy Green, Jewells in Harmony

Hi! Been on Folksey a little while but Yipee on Thursday I got my first sale. Amazingly it was a commission!

Iā€™d put a ā€˜Corsage to die forā€™ on with free postage in the UK AND WHAT DO I GET BUT A COMMISSION FROM THE US OF

Hi! Iā€™ve been on Folksey for a little while now but on Thursday I got my first sale! Amazingly it was a commission!

Iā€™d put a lapel corsage on as ā€œA corsage to die forā€ for.". The request was for a wrist corsage for a Prom in the US of A!

Everything I do are rally corsages even those for the hair, so my new slogan will be ā€œCorsages to die forā€. What do you think?

Cheers, Wendy, Jewels in Hamony

!

Hey Everyone!

Great to be on Folksy! I craft little accessories like make up bags/cosmetic bags/electronic cases and sleeves - and still inspire to work on more stuff to bring a variety into my Folksy shop! Take a look if you would like! Last week I had my first sale on Folksy and I was super happy! Folksy has given me a platform to put my designs across and also given me motivation to produce new ideas - So thanks Folksy!

https://folksy.com/shops/poojajeshang

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m Andrea and my shop is Andiecrafts. Iā€™ve been on Folksy for quite a while now but this is my first time on the forum, i can drive a car and use a sewing machine but this took me a while to get my head round!
I make cushions, bags, wall art and greetings cards, and have had a couple of sales but Iā€™d love any ideas on how to get my shop noticed. I have a Facebook page too, with over 50 ā€˜likesā€™ but the likes are not translating into sales even though there is a link on there to my Folksy shop.

Take a look at my shop if youā€™d like http://folksy.com/shops/andiecrafts

Hey, Jet from Jetā€™s Hijinks here, Iā€™ve been selling on Etsy but wanted to open my shop to the UK, and here I am. Iā€™m in my 2nd year of owning my own pyrography business. (Pyrography is the art of burning designs into wood, but you knew that :wink: ) My shop hasnā€™t got much stock in it at the moment, but Iā€™m hoping to build it up when time allows, it can be seen here: https://folksy.com/shops/JetsHijinks Nice to meet you all!

Welcome to all the newbieā€™s :smiley: All your shops look lovely :heart:

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™m new to the Folksy forums although Iā€™ve had a shop for a couple of months! Hello everyone! :smile:

Hello Sarah, love your circle paintings. Iā€™m sure you will find everyone on here helpful and friendly. Welcome!!!

Hello and welcome Sarah. I love your animal portrait. :grinning:

Sarah

Hello to everyone on here, really excited to be a part of a new venture. Think itā€™s great we are all based in the UK! My name is Lisa, from south east London. This is my first time at this so I have my ā€˜Lā€™ plates on & hope I get it right!

I make handmade jewellery items, mostly wire wrapped costume pieces and resin bangles.

Any advice would be great.! Good luck to you all and fingers crossed for some sales :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hooray! Very pleased to be here! :slight_smile:

Hi

Iā€™m Gale!! I thought I said hello yesterday but I canā€™t find my post!! I am new to the forum but not to folksy as I have been on it a year yesterday!!

Best wishes
Gale

Helloo!

My names Charlotte, just graduated as a weaver, I also worked part time as a milliners assistant whilst studying, hence my shop being hats and scarves etc! :slight_smile:

Just starting up my business, so this is all quite new to me!

Lovely to meet you all! :smiley:

X

2 Likes