2015 diets (sorry)

Valentines day and Pancake day have definitly scuppered my chances of being any lighter this Thursday - nom nom nom :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck with SW if you decide to go for it Liz x

I didnā€™t make pancakes tonight as Iā€™m actually on my own. I normally cook them at the weekend when hubby is home but this year I donā€™t think that will happening.

Iā€™m not expecting to have lost anything this week either. Iā€™ve been Iā€™ll so havenā€™t exercised and I comfort ate chocolate when I felt poorly. We donā€™t bother with pancakes as Mum and Dad liquidise most of their meals and itā€™s tricky to liquidise pancakes!

Do it do it do it! Honestly walking in the door is the hardest bit! I sat outside watching people go in on my first day (eating a Costa breakfast Panini and having a large latte!!) So glad I walked in! (and I made a friend who will be my friend for life!)

I cased out the joint again - itā€™s sill there! I got on the scales and have put on another 2lb, which I am not surprised about as I have eaten my weight in cheesecake this week. At this moment in time, I am planing on going to SW in the morningā€¦Iā€™ll just have a last piece of cherry and almond cake whilst I ponder that thought.

Step away from the cherry and almond cake Liz!! :smile: Good luck with the SW meeting tomorrow.

Ooops!! Too late.

If you really canā€™t give up cheese cake you can make a lower cal cheese cake using quark (a german curd cheese) and low fat yogurt, you will need to add some gelatin to make it set (2 parts quark to 1 part yog). Not sure how to make the biscuit base less calorific though - cycle to the super market to get the ingredients to burn the calories in advance?

1 Like

or just have a very small piece of cheesecake? I love the idea of burning the calories in advance! :smile:

I find that cycling to the supermarket is a great way to make me avoid certain foods - somethings donā€™t transport very well in a rucksack (Iā€™ve given up on crisps as I just ended up with crumbs) and somethings are just too heavy (sugary fizzy drinks/ beer). Getting ice cream home in the summer is a bit like interval training - frantic peddling with rests at traffic lights - to see if I can get it home before it melts.

Had a rubbish few weeks which means heading straight for the chocolate. Back on track now and with a vengeance so managed to lose 1 lb since Monday and this time it will continue !!! Good luck to everyone else :slight_smile:

No change for me this week, still got that stubborn half stone to lose. Not being well enough to exercise hasnā€™t helped.

I love cheesecake but worked out a few years ago that Im lactose intolerant so had to give it up. You can make a similar topping by whizzing up avacado with fruit, havnt found a substitute for the biscuit base tho.

I weighed myself, Im about 1lb down(on the dodgey scales) 3Lbs down in 2 weeks.

I was wondering instead of the 5:2 diet, could I eat 1000 calories most days?

Rubbish week for me , too many temptations - the one thing I canā€™t resist. So I have gained a bit.
Stillā€¦ onwards .

Grimm in theory that should work , but I think the reason 5:2 is successful is that it breaks bad habits (ie. no grazing) and keeps you really focused and allows your stomach to shrink meaning you are full much quicker on feast days. It is very easy to slip back into overeating on normal calorie controlled diets, unless you are a very disciplined type.

Grimm, youā€™d have to be exceptionally disciplined to stick to 1000 calories every day. I know a colleague who tried it but couldnā€™t stick to it for long. 5:2 seems a more sustainable way to go.

Congrats on the slow but steady weight loss, thatā€™s the best way :smile:

Im quite enjoying the calorie counting side of things. I wouldnt stick to 1000 calories every day as I have every intention to eat the crisps and chocolate that are in my cupboard one day soon.
Todays food is
Weetabix-with tint bit of honey 160kcals
lunch- spag hoops on toast (warburtons do a loaf with 63 calories a slice) spag hoops around 100 kcals= 163kcals
Dinner- fish and rice-fish 50 kcals and rice around 100 as its from a pre made packet and will actually have flavour to it -150kcals
Total 473 kcals. Ive no doubt il snack on something else but as long as its not too calorific Im doing ok.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget the calories in drinks, they count too, but it seems youā€™re doing brilliantly!

I do have fizzy every now and again(which I shouldnt as my teeth are crumbling) but they are diet. I have mint tea which is 2kcals!!! and very weak squash.
But your right I wasnt paying attanetion to drinks. I have OJ the other day, I didnt look at calorie content.

All things considered, Iā€™ve not done too badly this week and only gained a pound. Iā€™ve decided not to go to SW as I found it far too complicated last time around and Iā€™ve just spoke to my SIL who is doing it but says she finds it too difficult too, but she has managed to lose a stone, so at least it it working.
Iā€™ve suffered a 2 week blip and have got up with renewed vigour this morning, so hopefully, I will find myself back on track.

1 Like

Today is a normal eating day, I can confirm that by the 2 huge bars of choclate I just bought.
I also just went for a walk around a local lake, I got up and made myself do it. Should have burnt of at least 100 kcalsā€¦(went off and calculated cals burnt, 191 in fact)