2015 diets (sorry)

Grimm, the idea of ‘normal’ eating days is to eat healthily but not let yourself get hungry. There will be thousands of calories in those 2 huge chocolate bars which you would need to probably run a marathon to work off!

Good for you on the exercise though :smile:

I was exagerting a tad. I definately wont be eating both today, probably not even half of one. Its just nice to know I dont have to religiously calorie count on some days.

Grimm you can have treats on non fast days - I was quite bad at weekends and ate what I wanted and still lost the weight. I lost 18 pounds over about 8 months and am lighter than I have been for years. But I must say that I have now reached a plateau and don’t seem to be able to lose any more which is fine but I am having to still do the fast days to maintain the weight loss. If I wanted to lose more I would have to be careful what I eat on the other days too. I have done the fasting for nearly two years now and see myself carrying on indefinitely as I would much rather restrict myself two days a week than every day. Keep going, it’s worth it.

I will continue, scales are heading in the rigt direction too so thats encouraging. im off for another walk today so should burn off part of my brekkie.

2 Likes

Ive had a very naughty couple of days, still under 2000 calories but Ive definatley eaten food groups that should be frowned upon. So today is a fasting day. Ive decided to treat myself to a shopping trip, where I hopefully wont buy anything as money is still tight, but itk be fun looking and itl distract me form my grumbling tummy.

I’ve not been overeating but I’ve gained half a pound this week. I think it’s because after being ill last week I’ve not yet got back into my normal walking routine, so I’m eating the same but not burning as much off. Hopefully I should lose it again pretty quickly once I get back into the old routine.

I reckon that 1/2 a pound (or 220g) is the difference between weighing yourself before and after going to the toilet! Don’t worry about it unless the trend is upward for a few weeks.

1 Like

Again, I dont trust my scales. Im about 6lbs lighter than I was when i started. I dont feel any smaller and im rather hungry.

6lb from all over your body isn’t going to feel like very much from anyone place, I can’t do the math but it might equate to loosing 1mm from all over your body or something like that which you won’t notice. Stick at it and eventually you will realise that you are smaller and your stomach will shrink so you won’t feel hungry.

Well done Grimm! Feeling hungry is good, it means you’re practising self control and not stuffing yourself! :smile: You won’t feel smaller yet but it will come and it’ll be so worth it when you start to notice the difference.

well done Grimm.
Margaret I find I can fluctuate up and down too, sometimes the body just retains more fluid.

I forgot to weigh this morning and have now downed two cups of tea. But yesterday I was down about 3lb.
Not had a very succesful month- wine and bread slipped back in , will try harder in March.

Thanks for your comments, your very supportive.
Meals have been planned for today, tuna for lunch and salmon with weighed out rice later. I may be going over the 500 cals a bit but Im eating less than 2000 cals most days so Im assuming its all heading me in the right direction.

1 Like

Well done, everyone. This is the hard part - just keeping going. I have so much admiration for people like Dottie that have kept focused and lost lots of stones.
As more me, well, it’s not too bad at all. Of the 3 1/4lbs I put on due to my cheesecake eating fest over the previous couple of weeks, I have lost 2 1/4lb as of this morning, so I’m almost back on track.I haven’t starved myself and have actually consumed 1 piece of cheesecake and 4 pieces of pear and apple pie with cream this week - imagine what I could achieve if I put some real effort in. It seems that eating my main meal at lunchtime and just having 4 crackers with a bit of cheese when I get in from my shift at 9pm is working for me, so in reality, I’m not trying at all. Perhaps this week?

3 Likes

Well done to those who lost or stayed the same and better luck next week for anyone that put on. I lost a 1 measly pound but hey, its in the right direction :slight_smile:

Sam, it’s not a measley pound, it’s a WHOLE pound. Look at a pound of lard if you want some idea of just how fabulous a pounds loss can be.

Good morning, well I went AWOL for a few weeks, mainly due to the day job we have massive change going on and I’m leading on a few projects and working with the new company so starting work early and finishing late. Though I do actually love what I’m doing so it’s no hardship really, but the down side is I’ve not had time to plan properly much less do any fast days! I weighed yesterday and have put on 1lb, which considering I’ve eaten whatever was to hand and done no exercise for 2 weeks is amazing really!. Our most significant deadline is today so hopefully I can get back on track next week and make some soup this weekend.

Well done on losses, maintains and commiseration for gains xx

1 Like

My weight is a bit up and down at the moment. It’ll be interesting in my Monday weigh in, we are going to a Dinner & Dance tomorrow night organised by the Ski club that hubby is a member of. It includes a 3 course meal. I’ve been starving myself for the last couple of days.

I have finally found a diet that works for me and I am slowly loosing weight.
No bread nor potatoes.
Loads of protein such as meat and fish.
Portion management
Completely cut out on added sugar products, I keep sugar free biscuits at hand for stress moments
Keep to low GI carbs such as rice and barley

It is working for me, slowly does it and it might work for you too.
All the best
WinterComforts

I’m bowing out of the diet thread, after weeks of trying I can’t shift this half stone, and I’m not eating much more than the bare minimum and it’s not making any difference. My body seems to want to be 10st 7, and since I’m 5ft 7 that’s not a bad weight. I’ll continue a maintenance diet, but don’t want to start to get depressed that I’m cutting out most treats and still not losing this last few pounds.

Good luck everyone!

1 Like

That’s a really good weight Margaret especially been quite tall. I’d give anything to be that weight, I’m like you I can’t loose that last 1/2 stone. At least we tried didn’t we.

1 Like