2016 Diet/healthy eating

Thanks Danielle :blush:, I was a bit shocked myself, just proves that 1or 2 pounds a week can add up.

Yes the cholesterol is the inherited kind unfortunately.

1 Like

Just had to say I tried on a dress today, well 3 sizes of the same dress(16,14,12). I ended up buying a size 12!! I havenā€™t been a size 12 since 1893!!!

3 Likes

Sometimes I can be my own worst enemy! (well all of the time). Last year I lost 2 1/2 stone in 3 months, healthy eating and regular exercise, then I had a disaster in my life and all my hard work has been ruined! I have gained 3 stone, so I am now 7lb heavier than when I started :frowning:
I have decided tomorrow will be the start of a new meā€¦well fingers crossed x

Oops. I just misread the calories in a pot noodle. I swear it said 146, actually its 400+. Oh dear, I need to do some jogging. Admittedly I should have realised that a PN isnā€™t the healthiest of foods.

Ive, very reluctantly, changed my breakfast, from very nice cornflakes, to wheaty biscuits with a tad of honey. My plan is that it has about 150 less calories.

That is worth trying if itā€™s saving that many calories! You could always do it every other day if you find you miss your cornflakes, itā€™s still a big difference.

Lol! I have to admit had cornflakes this morning(a smaller amount than usual), the idea of wheaty biscuits just didnā€™t appeal to me and I felt rather hungry yesterday.

Well, its my birthday. Im being messed around at work so its making me feel sick to the stomach as to whether Il have a job to go to next week, will I stay or be ā€œgently pushedā€.
On the plus side I just weighed myself and Im 12st 10lbs, which is about 1 stone loss, I havnt weighed this amount for 10+ years!

Hows everybody else doing?

1 Like

Happy birthday & congrats on the weight loss, sorry work sounds rubbish. Donā€™t let them get you down, enjoy your special day. Ruth

Happy birthday @GrimmExhibition :birthday:

Doing okay here but had a really terrible day yesterday(belgian bun and fish and chips and a Magnum!) after a good week. People are beginning to notice Iā€™ve lost a bit but a couple of friends have said how the top Iā€™m wearing helps cover a multitude of sins :grinning:

Blood pressure is down so thatā€™s relief. Still waiting to go to the lipid clinic regarding my cholesterol.

Mmm, Belgian buns.

We havenā€™t done our weekly fast day since we moved 9 weeks ago, and I really miss it, how bizarre is that. Our daughter is coming next week and then after that we will be back on it and hopefully find a gym as well (never thought Iā€™d miss that either!). On the plus side, I have been walking more, thatā€™s one good thing about having to scrap the car!

I just acquired a 2nd hand bike from one o those free sites!! The tyres need inflating, hopefully my bro or sis in law has a pump. But its a step towards being a bit healthier, having a bike ride instead of getting the car out to do local journeys.
Ive been eating badly recently but trying to be good the last couple of days. Weight has stayed constant of late, if I can believe the scales I have lost around 10lbs.
Hows everybody else doing?

So the bikes a tad high for me, I managed to get the seat down to its lowest point but Im still struggling. Guess I just have to get used to it.

Be careful on that bike Grimm.

Iā€™ve got my appointment with the lipid clinic this week- to see what they can do for my cholesterol. Have lost a few more kilos but my healthy eating went awry on holiday what with cream teas, fish and chips and chocolate cheesecake :imp:

How are we all doing?

Ive been on my bike a few times. I hate going up hill as my legs feel like they are going to crack but Im being persistant so hopefully things will get better.

Next week Im denying myself all nice(ie sweet gooey) food.
Im sticking to meat, fruit and veg. Im going to hate it but I really need to sort my stomach out, so I guess the only experiment I can do has to be done.

So the above didnā€™t happen and I havnt been on my bike in ages.
But ive just got back from the shops and bought loads of veg which Im going to chop up and put in individual containers, then I have no excuse to not eat it a sits so convenient.
I also think Il substitute a big breakfast mushroom for the base of a pizza that I plan to make this week, Pizza is naughty, agreed, but less calories in the base with loads of veg, cant be all bad.

How are you all doing?

Good idea with the pizza.

Iā€™m more maintaining than losing weight at the moment. Itā€™s harder in winter but Iā€™ve decided to stay away from bread as I really think I have a allergy to yeast.

I make pizza with a cauliflower base - or you can use meat - mince - a meatza! Google it - sounds gross but itā€™s lovely! I find it harder in the Winter too and am trying to lose the 6.5 lbs I put on over half term in the Netherlands! I did eat loads of scrummy food though!!

1 Like

I actually like cauliflower so il look into that.

Im planning on starting to eat healthy again today, I have veg to chop up for lunch, Im not looking forward to it:o(