All things miniature

Sounds good to me lol
Hubby thinks I’m a bit mad but I think it’s fun lol

1 Like

My mini pics x

https://folksy.com/items/4494841-Handmade-Decoupage-Mini-Canvas-Vintage-Picture

Hi Everyone,
I have just discovered this topic. I make a miniature acorn sewing box. All the components are turned on my lathe - needle holder, bobbin and thimble.
Please let me know your thoughts.

1 Like

This is my smallest brooch: http://folksy.com/items/4422164-Heart-Brooch-Purple-4-FREE-UK-POSTAGE

Such a lovely idea @uphillcottagestudio.
Here is the link to it in your shop so other people can love it too.
https://folksy.com/items/6545881-Acorn-sewing-box-
I have pinned it to my Needlework pinterest board for you.

Now if it was even smaller it would fit in my dolls house!

Shirley x

1 Like

Lovely little heart brooch Emma @RitzySwish
The picture is not showing so I have posted it again.

Shirley x

A teeny tiny newspaper about the Borrowers

1 Like

Such lovely minis in here :slight_smile: Su I loved the borrowers …

Great idea Su @TangleCrafts

daughter used to really think that the Borrowers lived at the bottom of our garden but I knew different! The fairies lived at the bottom of our garden and the Borrowers lived at Grannie’s house.

Shirley x

Yeah, I loved (and still love the Borrowers) - still most definitely alive & well in the 21st century :slight_smile:

1 Like

Borrowers are everywhere! :wink:

1 Like

Su why don’t you list a couple of your smaller items in the Dolls House Miniatures category.

Shirley x

It’s something to think about - thanks for the idea. :slight_smile: I think what has put me off previously is that I know dollshouse items tend to be made to a specific scale (eg 1/16th scale etc) and mine are just to the scale that is most convenient for me to produce! :wink:

2 Likes

Su @TangleCrafts the popular dolls house scale is 1/12th. But I wouldn’t worry too much about it as long as you could get a bit close.

Just done a bit of research and Victorian broadsheets when reduced to 1:12 scale measure 4 x 2.5 cm. So that would be approximately half your micro Borrowers one.

Shirley x

Hmm, interesting to know! I do currently have one micro-zine newspaper available at half the Borrowers size (not on Folksy, currently), so it wouldn’t be too difficult to achieve. I will definitely give this some more thought - thanks for taking the time to check the measurements, I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the idea - I’ll definitely have a look.

Just bought an archive of mini newspapers for my dolls house!

from Su @TangleCrafts - thanks so much for scaling them down for me!

Need to get a Victorian Arts and Crafts newspaper rack now - in miniature of course!

Shirley x

3 Likes

You’re very welcome! This will help nudge me towards actually getting the micro-newspapers listed. At some point… :wink:

1 Like

Miniature watercolour

I’ve got a range of hand painted jewellery in my shop, which are miniature paintings I guess!

This is my newest brooch

1 Like