Anyone on Google+? I need some people to follow!

Just as it says in the title really :smile: I haven’t paid much attention to Google+ before but got a few views from that source last night so I really need to get more involved!

Sam x

I’m on google+

as myself not under Eileenscraftstudio

1 Like

Thanks Eileen! I have followed you :smile:

I signed up a while ago but I thought I ought to do something with it now. What put me off initially were the only people I could seem to find on it were my brother’s friends, which is okay, sort of. I’ve known them since they were in nursery school together, but we don’t have very much in common, to say the least!

Sam x

1 Like

Well what do you know, it would appear that I am. I have no idea what to do or how it works though!

1 Like

That’s the same as me then! I’ll follow you and see what happens :grin:

Sam x

Hmmm, how do we find each other or link to ourselves on there?

I typed your name in the search box and two pages with your work on came up. I followed them both but it looks like you haven’t been notified yet.

If you want to find me you might have to look in your list of followers because there are a lot of Samantha Stanleys out there!

Sam x

That worked thanks, am now following you. What the hickety heck are those collection things about? Oh boy this is going to be fun :smile:

1 Like

What seems to happen is that you put a picture up and other people who follow you or belong to a group can vote it up by pressing the +1 button and you can also add a comment. Maybe that means the post gets spread to more people…

Sam x

1 Like

I think this will link to my google plus profile…

1 Like

That works!

1 Like

collections you can make yourself

Communities are things you can join and follow the rules of the person who started the communities.

There’s a folksy community you can join the lovely Carol from knittinguptopia has made me a moderator on that one.

I’m in a few of the different communities on there that helps each other by promoting/ie sharing and plus oneing (liking) other’s people’s posts which spreads just like on facebook, pinterest and twitter.

I found out yesterday that it was installed on my phone (must have been one of those ‘fitted as standard’ apps) so registered under my name but must admit not sure what to do now, I’m following Eileen and managed to find Folksy and Best of Folksy but need some help with adding photos (can I link them straight from my Folksy shop like Twitter or do I have to add them seperately? how do I get them seen by others?) I had a quick look to see if it was covered in Folksy Blog but couldn’t find anything
My profile (if anyone’s interested) is https://plus.google.com/u/0/102887197594630858094

Off to follow you now Stephanie :slight_smile:

2 Likes

sorry here is the link to the folksy one

and here’s another one I’m a member on and use

hope that helps get you started.

1 Like

yes you can link straight from your Folksy shop

copy and paste the url of one of your listings into a google+ post. then hit the space bar and the image of your item will come up.

hope that helps

You can do the same with the url of your shop.

3 Likes

Thanks Eileen that’s great :slight_smile:

I think this is my google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/116307218980185340568
Not got a clue what i’m doing tho x

1 Like

I need to put my own link up, don’t I…

Here it is

Sam x

2 Likes

@EileensCraftStudio-How do you reply if somebody messages you? I’m struggling again :sweat:

Sam x

if the message is on one of your posts you click on comment then you type in the little box and then click post.

1 Like