April Artisans Daily Listing Challenge Thread - April 2017

Sorted out another new listing today

2 Likes

Afternoon

Well sadly they got the forecast right. After a glorious weekend it is cooller and showery today, still it means crafting time YAY!!!

Here is mine for today

Carol xx

3 Likes

Hi all,

Something for the ladies today…

Jeanie x

2 Likes

Afternoon all

Just caught up after a busy few days. On my last chest of drawers now - trouble it it’s huge almost 5 foot long, over 4 foot tall and 11 drawers - 5 sanded, primed and 1 coat (so far) painted today and the ret tomorrow and the carcass on Wednesday. It’s the sanding that takes the time - I hand sand the drawers but use the electric sander on the carcass. Heaven only knows how we’re going to get the last one downstairs - may need to burrow my big, strong rugby playing nephew :smiley:

I just have a re-list today, something that seems to have slipped the new:

4 Likes

A late listing from me today. Haven’t read through ydt but I’ll be back later!

3 Likes

afternoon Artisans, yay happy dancing for your sales Sue. Thank you for the anniversary wishes, I have enjoyed some time crafting back to work tomorrow but excitied as I start my silversmithing course tomorrow evening. just got my joining instructions yay!

I have not tried Kits Pauline, but you could do some research and see what is already available first and try to fill any gaps in the market :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Evening all, sadly I am still not feeling very enthusiastic, so another relist from me.

Have had great sales on the other side this month, wonder why it’s gone so quiet here?

Pat @silverbirchstudio hope your daughter in law likes her pendant, it looks lovely.
Max @paperchainsandbeads enjoy your course tomorrow - exciting!

Thanks for all the suggestions re hot flushes, I have just got Rachel’s cake recipe out of the oven so will try munching that- smells super, I will give the red clover a go too - been trying black cohosh, but not noticing any benefits.Will also try to eat a much more wholefoody diet and try and shed some weight to see if that helps- before heading down the HRT route.

6 Likes

faved to here

1 Like

Thanks Max will try that. xx
Enjoy your course tomorrow. xx

1 Like

Early for me today!

Thanks Max @paperchainsandbeads - and well done on your weight loss. Hope the weekend hasn’t taken too much of a toll! Enjoy your course tomorrow, it sounds great.

A new bracelet today

3 Likes

I watched the interview on the news the other night on the menopause by one of their presenters that is going throught it. They talked about magnets for hot flushes so I went and read reviews about what they were talking about and it seems to really help with flushes.
Menopace is really good for hot flushes and is full of vitamins as well.
I went and bought a magnetic bracelet and fingers crossed so far so good with the migraines after wearing it the last 2 days.
I hope you get sorted soon.

5 Likes

I’m beginning to feel a bit left out, all this talk about the menopause! Perhaps I shouldn’t speak to soon! I should be of an age where I am suffering. I’m such a cold person, even in summer I wear more than everyone else unless it’s a real heatwave, I could do with a hot flush now and then. As for sleeping, I sleep like a log! Always have done. I can sleep through earthquakes and my other half had to physically wake me up when the babies were crying to be fed during the night. However, I know where to come for advice when I need it :blush:

9 Likes

Hope you soon find something that works for you soon, Deborah. Love those pink earrings! Thank you for the pendant love. I’m blessed with three wonderful daughters in law (my reward for the trials of raising 3 boys?!) Another has her 40th next month so i’d better come up with something for that!

5 Likes

Sue @SueTrevor, be careful what you wish for - I thought I had got away with it without suffering the hot flushes and felt very smug but the soon caught up with me ! Not something I would wish on anyone.

3 Likes

After missing a couple of days I thought I was going to be back on it today, but then one thing went a bit wrong and a second sold immediately when I put a picture on instagram (I’m not complaining, but didn’t get to folksy so doesn’t count). Hope to be back with a listing tomorrow! Still loving all your listings :heartpulse:

4 Likes

Thanks all, I too thought I was getting off lightly until a couple of weeks ago and suddenly wham I hardly know myself, the tiredness is making me feel quite low and uncreative, not something I’ve really suffered from before. But onwards, maybe it will pass as quickly as it came on ! :slight_smile:

@beaniehats I spotted some magnets in the chemists, will have to do a bit of research. will look into menopace too, you are the second person to recommend that brand, so worth a try :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good morning Artisans, oh well back to work today after a lovely short break but it’s only a short week and I have next week off too ;), Though I am looking after the little one for a few days so will probably be more tired than after going to work lol!

3 Likes

@paperchainsandbeads Another sale to add to my tally please Max - I sold another Glasses Sleeve.

I’m adding this Kindle Case to my shelves this morning . . .

3 Likes

Really lost all enthusiasm for this at the moment. Made a couple of things yesterday but didn’t really enjoy it and they didn’t turn out as I had hoped. I think the lack of sales is really starting to make me question myself and I probably have enough scarves now to wear a different one most days if I don’t sell some soon! So for now I am gong to shut down production - I still have quite a bit left to show so will continue with the thread for the time being. My daughter returns home on Friday and will be staying with me for a while so I expect she will keep me occupied anyway.

Treated myself to a lie in today but time to get up now and get those running shoes on!

A break from the hearts today as I found this lurking!

6 Likes

Morning Artisans - I drove home from work last night in heavy snow and then this morning not a sign of it but beautiful sunshine!

2 Likes