Art Chat: January 2015

What an unusual format @StephanieGuy Like it!

What a brilliant way of doing a 365 project and of using one of the many diaries we tend to have given to us this time of year. Youā€™ve inspired me!

1 Like

Is there somewhere we can see your cross stitch work Margaret @Louisa15 ? In my ā€˜otherā€™ life I design cross stitch kits and chart packs, so Iā€™m always interested when I come across an enthusiast :blush:

Another hat todayā€¦ paint is just about dry ā€¦ listed!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll show the latest WIP of my parrots tonight when Iā€™m on the PC (and not at work!). Iā€™m not original enough to design kits, I just sew kits I buy on the internet which have everything provided. At the moment Iā€™m doing some tropical parrots with lots of exotic foliage which is very colourful! :smile:

Thereā€™s few things I find more exciting than opening a new cross stitch/tapestry kit and looking at all the lovely threads etc.

1 Like

Another lovely hat painting, very topical for todayā€™s weather too! :smile:

1 Like

Yes I am @StephanieGuy ā€¦ I love it ā€¦ thank you for recommending it to me, am I right in thinking they do them in other colours, I bought a different make colour ones and they are not the same at all, and I donā€™t like or use them !!!

I have just listed this tiny piece of Art In Wax on Folksy. Dolls House or Collectible painting tiny in wax is great fun thatā€™s for sure ā€¦

Great girl Bee and I love the hat ā€¦ cold here today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh Blow itā€¦I canā€™t be doing with not chattingā€¦not in my natureā€¦
I SHALL chat on here but not on the other threadsā€¦that is where I had the problems, and have never had problems with my friends on hereā€¦and anyway it was ME who originally started the Folksy art chat threadā€¦I am suffering withdrawalā€¦
lovely rose Hazelā€¦Valentines is getting closer.
Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful cross stitch Margaret.
Great girl with a hat Beeā€¦nice rosy cheeks in the cold weather.
Waving Stephie and thanksā€¦
Off to paint nowā€¦running out of stock.

3 Likes

That is Great ā€¦ best news today :slight_smile: @teabreaks look forward to chatting with you Brenda

YAY Brendaā€™s back! :smiley:

Youā€™re right, this is your thread and youā€™re among friends here. Iā€™m missed you and your chat sooooo much! :smile:

2 Likes

thank you Margaret and Hazelā€¦I know that you understandā€¦and I know that sometimes I can be hyper sensitive but yes I do miss my art friendsā€¦
My lesson is to stick HEREā€¦I tried to give input on other threads and I have to accept that not everyone sees things the way that I doā€¦we are all differentā€¦just hurtful sometimesā€¦but no one can remove my comments on here (can they?..ha ha)ā€¦xx

3 Likes

One of mine! Hope you like :wink:

2 Likes

Lovely Clareā€¦great painting

Woohooooo Brendaā€™s back :smiley: Iā€™ve missed you!

Nice rose Hazel. Yes I think they do other colours but I havenā€™t tried them. They will probably be as juicy but Iā€™m not sure about how they will chromatise. The SAA are selling the black ones now, not sure about other colours.

Pretty campervan Clare. Donā€™t want to upset you but do you know that VW have a reputation for getting upset over their copyright?

2 Likes

Thanks Stephie Iā€™ll take a look :slight_smile: they are fun and when I need a creative fix but not able to have time in my studio (wax painting isnā€™t very portable lol ) they are great to sit and doodle with :slight_smile:

Thanks for the compliments on my Rose all :slight_smile:

Beautiful rose Hazel, sorry I forgot to comment on it earlier in the excitement of Brendaā€™s return

Lovely campervan Clare, but yes, Stephieā€™s right, VW do tend to get upset when their logo is used unless you have permission.

Hereā€™s my parrot cross stitch. Still at least half of it still to do! Those parrots have very long tails, and thereā€™s a cockatoo and a toucan to stitch yet! :smile:

4 Likes

Fab work Margaretā€¦and LOLā€¦I didnā€™t know I could cause that much of a stirā€¦lol

2 Likes

Those parrots are coming along beautifully. Knowing how much a nip from a budgie can hurt I wouldnā€™t like to get in the way of those beaks lol

2 Likes

good morning, itā€™s great to see you back here Brenda, we have missed you :slight_smile: sorry life seems a little busy just now and Iā€™ve no idea why! Iā€™ve had quite a few sales of ACEO too, itā€™s lovely to see things picking up again :). Fabulous work everyone.

Just listed the first of the ACEO I did using acrylics this one is a Clouded Yellow Butterfly

4 Likes

Morning allā€¦
Max, that is lovelyā€¦
Hope everyone is keeping warmā€¦no ice here this morning,different to yesterday that was very cold and frostyā€¦time to paintā€¦back later.

1 Like