Art Chat: January 2015

It’s a blue tit and it’s very cute :smile:

1 Like

morning all…
Fab work as always Max…glad you survived your day.
Blue tits are so tiny and sweet. They whizz in quickly pinch a peanut and are gone within seconds in our garden…
It always makes me smile because the large birds…Jays, ravens etc…spend ages trying to pluck up the courage and often fly away without anything because something has made them jump.
I managed a 4x6 acrylic on canvas yesterday…not very nice one…another one for the discount shop…:wink:

2 Likes

Ooh ooh ooh have you seen the January seller newsletter? Our humble art chat thread gets a big shout out! Hello and welcome to any newcomers!

Love that bluetit Max, this is a lovely new range.

I’ve spent a couple of hours on the baby portrait this morning, After a bit of a hiccup and having to start again it’s coming along really well.

1 Like

Do you have a link to it please? I don’t get the seller newsletter :smile:

1 Like

I’ll pm you :smile:

1 Like

Yes I spotted that too - nice to know we are popular :smile:

Waving everyone … Busy day for me, painted a commission for a miniature collectors today, which was lovely to be asked again I’ve painted on request for them before, so that will be off to Europe soon plus I am doing a Dolls House Fair on Saturday, wearther permitting so have been making up a display for the stand :slight_smile:

Hope you are all having a Arty day too.

Hazel

3 Likes

Good luck with your miniatures fair Hazel (:

This afternoon I’ve been working on my next dolls house miniature magazine article. I’m working in 1/24th scale for this one, but given that the original is over 3 metres tall it’s not too much of a challenge lol. I’m tired now though, think I’ll go and play with the budgies for a bit.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes it’s great that we’re getting some publicity. I’m sure there are lots of sellers of art on Folksy who don’t know about our thread :smile:

1 Like

That sounds exciting @StephanieGuy ! Do I need to subscribe somewhere to see the newsletter?
Bee

I am having a clear out and so I have just listed this one for only £5. A 7x5" acrylic on canvas board…

1 Like

Bee, not sure if this will work of not…worth trying and then you can sign up to the newsletter…
sorry it didn’t work…just took you to my emails…sigh…
perhaps one of the more “techie” girls can help

1 Like

Thanks Stephie. 1/24 is tiny I have seen some houses this small at the fairs - very cute though.

Very striking Brenda

Waving Margaret and Bee :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bee if you send an email to StephanieGuyFineArt@gmail.com I’ll forward it to you. Not sure how I subscribed though!

Thanks ever so much Max for pointing me in the direction of that tapestry frame for sale on FB, that’ll be very useful! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for trying Brenda @teabreaks

Waving back at ya Hazel @HazelRayfield :smile:

Thanks @StephanieGuy I’ll email you x

Bee

2 Likes

It should be winging its way to you as I type

Evening everyone, that’s good Margaret, glad it was useful and it seemed like a bargain!

I was pleasantly surprised to see our humble little thread on the news letter, but then I guess it has been going for quite a few years, you started about the same time as the daily listing thread I think didn’t you Benda?

Just off out to art club not a clue what Im going to paint, hubby just made me giggle called it off to play group lol!

3 Likes

that made me smile too Max…mind you I suppose you DO play there don’t you?
I cannot remember exactly when I started the art thread…just a LONG time ago now…:wink:

2 Likes

It’s at least three years ago if not four.

I’m just back from an open evening at our local art gallery which was fun. Showed one of the artists one of my ACEO photo albums and she was very impressed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good morning, Happy Friday yeah! got Monday off next week so whoo for a long weekend, I’m hoping to go to Dyffryn Gardens tomorrow with my step Mum for afternoon tea and a wander around the gardens and house, so looking forward to that. But have another day of meetings to get through today sigh…

Just listed this one

3 Likes