Art Chat: January 2015

Waving Hi to everyone…been busy painting…just finished 4 more aceos…
This is one of them…not listed anywhere yet…

4 Likes

Wowee Brenda that’s gorgeous!

I’ve been shopping today with daughter Kit. Didn’t buy much but we’ve got lots of ideas, including scouring the charity shops for a nice old English tea set to give as a gift for the next Spanish exchange :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks Stephie…do the Spanish drink tea?..nothing like a bone china cup for your tea…
Waiting for my fish and chips to arrive.
Well done "Just eat.com"
Even cheaper than our local chippy and no petrol or going out in the cold…can’t fault it…yum yum

3 Likes

No they don’t Brenda - we’ve always sent a teapot and tea on previous exchanges and that works well for the German ones but not for the Spanish, the teapots are always greatly admired and then put on the shelf as an ornament. But they do drink hot chocolate, so we thought we’d send tea cups and saucers and some green and black hot chocolate this time in the hope that they will be used!

Mmmm fish and chips…I can smell them from here…

Just listed this one

2 Likes

Good morning, had a lovely day yesterday in Dyffryn Gardens, though it was a tad chilly lol!. My next painting project

4 Likes

I saw your photos over on fb Max, looks like you have lots of inspiration for art projects!

I’ve just listed this one

3 Likes

Morning all…lovely flowers…
I can’t wait for the bluebells in May…always a sign that the winter is almost certainly gone…

Guess where I’ve been…

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10941454_331324113745388_5590063335611695419_n.jpg?oh=663d49996270bc39ca71b7f7238d21bd&oe=556030B7&gda=1428350735_3ba0e5b775ef654d9dc9147d80cd7e6c

(well what do you know, you can just paste an image URL directly in here and it picks up the pic!)

3 Likes

Lovely flowers folks.

Stephie, I’m guessing you’ve been to a cafe somewhere!lol

I’m having a quiet day today. The stairlift was successfully installed yesterday. Mum was thrilled with it but Dad will only use it under Mum’s supervision. Mine isn’t good enough apparently, it has to be Mum. Hopefully he’ll get used to it in time. I went for a pub lunch and a very muddy walk afterwards but today feel only like napping :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Having a bit of fun with a dolls house I’m caretaking until the baby I bought it for is old enough to play.

2 Likes

A stairlift can make a lot of difference to independence, I know from experience - hope your Dad gets comfortable with it soon Margaret :slight_smile:

Lovely work everyone.
Just popping by hope you are all having a great weekend, lots going on here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bee your doll portrait is wonderful, I wish I’d thought of that! Really well executed and brilliantly displayed.

Margaret I’m sure your dad will get used to the lift. Funny that your supervision is not good enough! I know what you mean about it being a nap day, I’ve felt groggy all day today too, must be something in the air.

And yes, I’ve been in Costa Coffee on study companion duties again :smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t popped by for a while, I’m really liking the new images here.

Here’s a couple of pieces I’ve been working on in-between other things, the next step is applying them to bags and brooches. These are booth drawings/paintings on paper and wood.

3 Likes

Morning all, wet here this morning which I like, as I have to take the car to the garage for its MOT and service. The long very steep uphill , one mile walk home , is something that I am NOT looking forward to…but at least there is no snow and ice.
Hope everyone has a lovely day…think of me, puffing and panting…lol

Good morning, hope the MOT is good Brenda and the walk not too tiresome! waving hi to everyone :slight_smile:

Morning all :smile:

Brenda I thought you were being sarcastic about liking it wet for your walk home… I can see that it is better than snow and ice but I hope it’s not chucking it down on you!

Morning everyone,

Struggled to finish this as my studio is so cold.

Found these Primroses on a north facing hedge bank, unusual I thought for this time of year.

https://folksy.com/items/6598714-Primroses

4 Likes

Very pretty primroses Matt, it is a bit early for them yet expecially on a north facing hedge bank I’d have thought, but so nice to see signs of spring!

Hope it doesn’t rain too hard for you Brenda! :smile:

2 Likes

Hope you’re feeling better today Stephie @StephanieGuy . A nice relaxing session at CC hopefully helped. Glad you like my doll portrait … I feel another one coming on later maybe.
Bee

Margaret @Louisa15 do hope your Dad relaxes with the new-fangled equipment quickly. It’ll make such a difference once he gets the hang of it. Interesting your Mum warmed to it straight away … must be a woman thing.
Bee