Art Chat: January 2015

I succumbed, I bought the abstract daffodil coaster, can’t have too many coasters I reckon :smile:

5 Likes

The daffodil coaster is stunning, Margaret, and will bring an extra Spring cheer to your cuppa! :slight_smile:
Great work, Max! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have just listed two painting for the price of one, stock I would like to sell, there is also 10% discount at check out…code…lady darine

https://folksy.com/items/6601488-Two-Paintings-For-Price-Of-One-Acrylic-Scenic-Snow-Scene-Horse-Carriage-Cabin

you will have to click on the painting to see the horse and carriage, the second painting, please comment on these paintings when you have a moment

Louise have you seen my coaster in my shop, have a look, you may like them, there is also 10% off at checkout…code…lady darine

All the Artwork is fabulous, I look forward to seeing all newly listed art

Your coasters are lovely and colourful Sue, but I’m not really looking for four all the same. The postage is high too and would put me off. I was looking at your greetings cards, they are beautiful but I think the £3.95 postage might put buyers off, I think you’d have to explain in the description why it would cost that much to post 4 cards, sorry!

Afternoon, thank you Margaret, cheered up a busy stressy kind of day, actually looking forward to a day in the office tomorrow sat in front of computer lol! 3 days of back to back meetings has taken its toll and I’m exhausted this week :sleeping:

Love the vintage scene sue would love a walk through that village :smile:

Hope everyone kept warm and safe today.
I am glad to be able to stay home and paint.
this is what I painted today…just 4 x 6 and not listed yet…

4 Likes

That’s gorgeous Brenda, the colours are superb!

thank you Margaret…I hope you don’t have too much of the white stuff…
We were lucky and so far just some heavy sleet this afternoon but the road was wet and so nothing settled.

1 Like

Beautiful painting, Brenda!
Glad that the weather hasn’t been too bad today for you.

Morning everyone, waving hi to all. We had a light dusting of the white stuff but it’s very wet and windy here this morning. Glad I have a much quieter day in the office today.

That’s absolutely beautiful Brenda, love the colours :smile:

just added this one, abstract rose today

2 Likes

Gorgeous rose Max, hope you have a restful day at the office! :smile:

We have snow, a fair bit of it, so I’ve come into work early. Everyone drove very slowly even on the main roads so it wasn’t too bad. Hopefully it’ll melt before I go home. The view from the office window is superb, white coated fields and a semi frozen small lake and the trees all covered in snow. I can see rabbits hopping about against the whiteness and as always there are loads of geese :smile:

2 Likes

Morning all…just damp here, no white stuff. There is some forecast overnight tonight but we are not going out…so I don’t have to worry too much.
Much nicer sitting in the warm and painting.
Lovely coaster Max…

Good Morning everyone

Thanks for letting me know that postage is high on some of items, your absolutely right, I am going to sort that now, I do appreciate you letting me know Louisa, thanks sweetie

Lovely art again today on the Art Chat, I will put them all on my folksy board on pinterest FB etc

have a good day, you wont hear to much from me over the next week or so, going on my Holiday to Lanzarote

keep warm

Sue x

4 Likes

Good Morning All

We have snow here down south too …

I’m keeping warm in my office today, no painting as I had a great time in the studio yesterday, so I’m photographing and listing today …

Just listed some new Dolls House Art in my shop including this one of Lady Polly

https://folksy.com/shops/HazelRayfield/collections/27561

I also have some larger pictures to list too … hope you all have a good Friday

Hazel

@Louisa15 Margaret, glad you got to work safe, Hubby went early today to as he is working in a rural area today and the roads might not be so good … your vie sounds amazing :smile:

2 Likes

These are my last couple of pieces, I haven’t managed to get to the print studio to do any etching as I’ve been so ill, but I can cut lino at home. The duck image was chosen for use on a book cover, so I’m very pleased with that.

This is my very last effort, a Valentine’s card. It’s not really in my usual style, so I’m not entirely happy with it

… but my husband set up a nice photoshoot which makes it look more presentable to list on here:

3 Likes

I’ve never posted much stuff to Folky as I never seem to get any views of my items, I really don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Do you have to pay for special promotions to get your items seen or something, or is there something else I’m missing?

They are lovely Elizabeth, I particularly like the heart. You don’t have to pay for promotions you just have to promote yourself on social media and the like, to drive traffic to your shop. Spending more time on the forum can help too, as you can make contacts with other Folksy users and they may promote you on their own social media sites etc. Good luck!

me too very pretty Elizabeth :slight_smile:

Afternoon friends! I have a rare 5 minutes (it’s been a busy week) so thought I’d pop in to say hello :smile:

Elizabeth I adore your duck egg illustration. Do you illustrate many books? Re promotion, you can join the daily listing thread, that helps with views. You just need to commit to promoting (by viewing and hearting items, and then tweeting, pinterest or fb if you can) everyone else’s work. It’s a personal challenge so it doesn’t matter if you don’t list every day. I’m pretty rubbish at it at the moment, hoping to get better again!

Brenda your yellow one is stunning, I really love it!

Great work from everyone else too. I don’t have time to comment individually today.

I learnt how to do cubist artworks this morning. It is absolutely fascinating and totally addictive, I can see me doing several in this style. I might even squeeze one in this afternoon…

3 Likes

Sounds interesting …

I’ve just listed this poppy picture … a large one this time comes in the double mount so ready to frame

https://folksy.com/items/6602084-Poppy-Meadow-Painting-Double-Mounted-Wall-Art-Original-Picture-

1 Like