Art Chat: January 2015

https://folksy.com/items/6602086-Hand-Painted-watercolour-Nut-Hatch-Miniature-Painted-Pendant-Necklace-Original

Still painting!! still doing miniatures, this time placing them into pendants.
Just opened the shop with this one!
We have a pair of nut hatches visiting us each day,so had to paint this little bird.!! x

Nuthatches are really sweet birds Jeanie and yourā€™s are beautifully doneā€¦
welcome Elizabethā€¦seeing those tools reminds me of when I did lino cuttingā€¦all I can say is ouchā€¦a bit like needlefeltingā€¦a dangerous hobbyā€¦lolā€¦great work.
Waving Hazelā€¦we donā€™t have any snow and havenā€™t had anyā€¦(yet)ā€¦right now we have blue skies and sunshine.
Waving Stephieā€¦looking forward to seeing your cubist art.
Waving Sueā€¦I looked at one of your listings last nightā€¦I think it was one of the poppies and there was no size givenā€¦people will want to see what size the painting isā€¦sorry I canā€™t remember exactly which painting it was but might be worth checking out.(knowing me, it might even be there somewhere, but best to be sure)
Having no car for a week is proving goodā€¦I have just done another 5 aceosā€¦here is one of themā€¦i thought I would try some snow drops.

2 Likes

Sue, the one without sizing is the poppies print wall artā€¦ There might be others as this is the only one I looked at last nightā€¦definitely canā€™t see any size listed.

Thanks Brenda!
Lovely snowdrops.

Awwwh thanks Brenda for letting me know about the poppies not having a size, I will get on to it now, I really appreciate you letting me know, thanks

Sue

Borrowed a crocus egg cup by Clarice Cliff, I didnā€™t know about her crocus designs.
Lovely to work with flowers on winter days.
https://folksy.com/items/6602142-Crocus-egg-cup

I am back from my hols. Waves to all!!
Came back to a sale on etsy.
Love yr crocus print Matt.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
Today must be a day for being inspired by flora and fauna - gorgeous work! :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve been creating my first truly mixed media ACEO. I used felt, acrylics, paper, tissue and cotton canvas to create these snowdrops.

Lovely snowdrops Brenda and Pam, and pretty crocuses Matt.

I didnā€™t get time to do a cubist aceo but there are a few in my head, no doubt theyā€™ll come out over the weekend.

Welcome back Tessa, did you have a good holiday?

1 Like

Did I ever show you guys this mini pet portrait I did as an Xmas commission?

2 Likes

Good morning waving hi to everyone, welcome back Tessa :smile:

Heā€™s very handsome Stephie, looking forward to seeing your cubist work, I wouldnā€™t know where to start with one of those lol!.

Beautiful snowdrops Pam and fab mixed media :smile:

Love the Crocus Matt, also love Clarice Cliff, got owning one of her pieces on my want list

Lovely snowdrops too Brenda, I think we are all starting to hanker for spring :wink:

Cute nuthatch Jeanie, we have a few visiting our garden too this year,

Gorgeous poppies Hazel

Just added this little lovely

3 Likes

You are so good at those butterflied Maxā€¦also thanks for comment x

Thereā€™s a lot to comment on this morning!

Awesome poppies Hazel, they look great double mounted like that.

Pretty nuthatch Jeanie, that makes an amazing pendant!

lovely snowdrops Brenda and I like the way the back ones fade into the background

Matt I really love the style of that crocus egg cup, so colourful too.

Welcome back from your hols Tessa, from what Iā€™ve seen on FB itā€™s been wonderful!

Pam, I do admire your mixed media snowdrops, Iā€™ve never attempted anything like that, I donā€™t think Iā€™m creative enough.

Lovely doggie Stephie, looking forward to seeing those cubist ACEOs!

Gorgeous butterfly Max.

Iā€™m being taken out by my brother and his wife today, no clue whatever as to where weā€™re going, should be fun! :smile:

1 Like

Morning allā€¦
Margaretā€¦hope you enjoy your trip outā€¦sounds exciting and I hope the weather doesnā€™t hamper any plans.
We are still snow free hereā€¦sooooo lucky (so far)
Morning Jeanie,
Max, that is lovelyā€¦I love the rounded corners,
Stephie, that is a fab mini portrait, I bet the recipients were thrilled with it.
Do you want me to pose for a cubist portrait?..ha ha
Pam, beautiful snowdropsā€¦I think Max is right, we are all trying to think of Springā€¦
Welcome back Tessaā€¦
Matt. ā€¦Clarice Cliff eh?..must be worth a fortuneā€¦great workā€¦
Sueā€¦hope you managed to add the dimensions of the paintingā€¦wavingā€¦
Have a nice day everyoneā€¦the sun is shining hereā€¦

Yes it was lovely thanks Stephie. Lots of sunshine, some chocolate themed events, some swimming and walking and a bit of painting.
All weā€™ve had had here was a flurry of snow this am but itā€™s melted already. ( thank goodness) If my grand daughters were very quick there may have been enough for a snowball.

waves @ Brenda, Margaret, Max and all

Back to busy again, my classes were back here this week, exhibs coming up and paintings to do for them plusdoing a silk painting demo at the gallery later in the month. wooooosh

https://folksy.com/items/6602666-Hand-Painted-watercolour-Poppy-Miniature-Painted-Pendant-Necklace-Original

New pendant poppies and bumble bees , lovely Mothers day gift?

Morning to every one! very cold here,we had a little snow in the night, I couldnā€™t sleep so got up at 4.30 and the trees looked so pretty!
Most of it gone now!
Have a great week end! x

Pretty necklace, Jeanie!
Gorgeous butterfly, Max, and Iā€™m sure that your customer was delighted with their cute pet commission, Stephie!
Waving all, hope you are having a good day.
This is my latest listing. As you can see, Iā€™m trying lots of new things at the moment!!

Nice mini canvas Pamā€¦
cold here, so I have been painting.
Just listed this oneā€¦we are all in need of a touch of purple.

Hello everyone, great to see it so chatty in here :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been out this morning but sitting in a nice warm office now and doing some listing ā€¦ these are postcard size pieces so 6x4 inches approx ā€¦