Art chat thread. August 2018

I started out with a diary several years ago, and did a sketch a day in pen (no rubbing out). It’s amazing how much I improved over the year. The most important thing is to relax, enjoy it, and don’t compare yourself to anyone else.

Good choice of journal by the way :+1:

2 Likes

good afternoon everyone, enjoying a week off and actually managed to get my paints out, not done any painting since last year I think! listed a few but there’s more to come :slight_smile:

Really looking forward to see what you do with your book Jackie, it’s in the post today :slight_smile:

one of my new ones

3 Likes

I’m having a photo crisis. I recently got a new phone, and thought that the photos it took were fab - but now I’m wondering whether it’s just that my display screen is good and the photos are not that good on other devices.

This is one of my phone photos

And this is the same painting with a photo taken on my DSLR

The second one seems too dark on my phone but looks better on my laptop.

How do they appear to you? Which do you think is best?

1 Like

Lovely painting Stephanie, on my device the 1st one looks much better, the 2nd is too dark! If that’s any help :green_heart:

1 Like

Oh good there is hope for me to improve my drawings. They do say
practice makes perfect! Maybe one day.

1 Like

thanks Max I am looking forward to making a start on it.:paintbrush::pen::pencil2:

On my computer, the second is slightly darker but still clear. On my phone
the second one has a very dark almost black background and does not look so good. The first does appear brighter with a grey background. Hope that helps! :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you Sue and Jackie, that’s very helpful and a huge relief - it’s much easier to take photos on my phone than to faff about with the DSLR.

1 Like

I prefer the top photo…does that help or make things worse?..lol

That helps a lot Brenda thanks. My phone photos win out, which makes my life so easier :+1:

1 Like

going larger today…I have an 8x6 watercolour
https://folksy.com/items/7165727-watercolour-landscape-art-painting-8x6-ref-F-482-

4 Likes

Thanks very much, Max. Received my lovely journal this morning.
Excellent service. I can’t wait to fill it up with some art etc.

1 Like

You are very welcome Jackie @SouthfieldBarnArt.

I like the top one best too Stephie @StephanieGuy

Lovely work Brenda @teabreaks

another inky acetate artwork

4 Likes

Hot off the easel and now listed in my Folksy shop. Click on the pic to see the whole painting

1 Like

Hi all, great to see so much activity and lovely artwork. I’ve been working on a couple of commissions, including this one, Mother & Daughter, A3 watercolour. There’s a nice story behind this, the painting is based on an old photo and it’s a gift for the clients wife.

4 Likes

great work and yes, great to see more people joining in…
today I have a aceo
https://folksy.com/items/7166076-aceo-art-painting-sunset-ref-f-483-

2 Likes

I’m going all Halloween today

2 Likes

Really love this! @StephanieGuy

Kelly started a 2018 Halloween thread yesterday…if you haven’t already, you should add this to the thread xx…(scary…like looking in a mirror to me ha ha)

2 Likes

afternoon all, lovely work everyone. Not exactly halloween but a spooky woodland :ghost:

2 Likes