Art Chat thread ... November 2018

That’s a great idea for a challenge, @ChrisStoneArtist. It’s always good to push your imagination a bit and play, without considering ‘will it sell?’.

2 Likes

Indeed, Helen @HelenCliffordArt . I really enjoyed doing it. Quite a few people say they really like it (the same people who will only nod politely at my more “traditional” stuff). Art really is so subjective and all the more interesting for it.

well I like it Chris…particularly the spotty boots on the sheep…lol…and I have dabble in palmistry in my time…(hate peppers though ,lol)
Good to sometimes be outside your comfort zone…I hate painting landscapes and hate green ha ha…
Stephie those are great and look fab all together like that.
Waving Helen

1 Like

I have taken the plunge and put it in my shop. My partner, who buys paintings of hippies dancing around maypoles, loves it. He thinks the rest of my stuff is a bit twee and chocolate- boxy.

2 Likes

I’m a bit like that, when I see super realistic paintings it obviously takes an amazing amount of talent… but it just doesn’t grab my attention or interest me. I’ll walk straight past them for something that might technically not be as good, but obviously used more imagination.

I think I need something that forces me to paint differently though. I like surreal, dark and abstract, but I always seem to paint cutesy and twee. It can be hard getting out of that familiar style.

1 Like

@ChrisStoneArtist ha ha…I like your partner…dancing around maypoles is good…lol…

2 Likes

… bit cold for any of That Sort Of Thing here today …!

1 Like

Ha ha Helen…I was going to say dancing naked in the woods but thought better of it…lol…DSCF0001%20(5)
an angel card for everyone…

1 Like

Yes Helen , I too searched unsuccessfully on the radio for TMS for the Sri Lanka matches!.. they’re my entertaining friends in the kitchen who keep me company whilst painting. I expect their absence was all down to money in the end as always…grrrr just have to catch up with the highlights ! Maureen

1 Like

Seeing the lovely marmalade cat on the beach ACEO reminded me about my own Amanda the Marmalade cat

I Just love em … my friend who used to run a boarding cattery said that she had never met a totally sane ginger cat yet… lovely characters lovely painting of on the beach kitty

4 Likes

These are lovely ,and would look great all together in a frame

1 Like

So glad I’m not the only cricket fan here!, @mlaceysartystuff!

2 Likes

I prefer indoor games ha ha
My neighbour has a ginger cat but it is a Maine Coon and HUGE…bigger than a yorkie puppy
I have been doing lots of aceos this last few days…not listed them yet…as I have some crochet to finish and get listed first…but here is a sneak preview of one of them…

2 Likes

I’m working on a comission this week - he is a magnificent tabby, who cleary knows just how handsome he is! Hoping I can do him justice.

2 Likes

My latest work. I’m hoping the inclusion of an old car will stop the picnicking couple looking too icky. #notthatromanticpreferstolookatoldcars.

3 Likes

Evening everyone, its great to see such an active art thread. We got our Christmas tree today, which was too big for our dining room, so after cutting and chopping I finally got it in, then had a little me time and did a bit of painting- Highland Cow, A4 watercolour on hot pressed paper.

3 Likes

Great painting Graham @GKWatercolourArt. I agree, this is a lovely thread.
I think I will make it a new year resolution to make more use of hot press paper. I love the way the colours and the behaviour of the paint are enhanced by the smooth surface. I think it is most effective with a dominant subject against a minimalist background, or indeed no background at all. I am all too often tempted to fill the whole paper with paint.
I really haven’t given Christmas much thought yet, apart from purchasing some lovely little gift items from fellow Folksy sellers yesterday. I am in no mood to brave the High Street yet.

4 Likes

I don’t brave the high street any more,…everything I want is online and a nice man (sometimes lady) from Tesco brings the groceries…I could hibernate until next May…Extra painting time for me…
I must do some more acrylics but I get in such a mess with them…I have loads of box canvases to use up. I also have hundreds upon hundreds of sheets of watercolour paper, some from a kind Folksy friend who came round one day with boxes of goodies that she didn’t want…I doubt I will ever need to buy any more supplies…
here is another of my aceos…

1 Like

I visited our town’s Christmas Market yesterday - it seemed a bit low key to be honest. Maybe it got going a bit when they did the Lights switch-on later in the afternoon.

Hello everyone.

Gorgeous work from you all, as always. It’s nice to see so many familiar faces still keeping the threads active. :slight_smile:

It’s been a while. I always find juggling everything difficult. I’ve had a really but time over the last few months, being here, there and everywhere. I feel like this is the first time I’ve had to breathe. The trouble is, I’ve collected all these ideas in my head, and now I have the time to make them- my hands and brain aren’t quite working together.

Anyway, so I’ve been having a messy weekend:

4 Likes