As seen on TV

Well we had just sat down to watch ‘Top of the shop’ on BBC two the other night when we were stopped in our tracks. The programme presented by Chef Tom Kerridge featured four artisan cheese makers competing for a place in the final. One of the cheese producers set up their display and featured our pottery mice placed around the cheese. WOW ! I think Tom Kerridge liked them too. They got quite a bit of screen time throughout the programme.

So… Anyone else had their work crop up in TV programmes unexpectedly ? Surely other Folksy sellers have similar tales to tell ?

Dos and Dave

27 Likes

Wow how wonderful that’s brilliant :grinning:

1 Like

That’s fab, what a lovely surprise for you! :grinning: I hope you took a photo of the telly!

My hands knitting a pink scarf were on Channel 4/More 4’s Craft it Yourself programme last year (The pic was taken from the Folksy unsigned in front page, where there’s photos of makers). It was a full screen screen size of them and I dropped a stitch I was that shocked!

Natalie x

6 Likes

I used to make jewellery for Create and Craft demonstrator Carly Duff, so Ive seen a couple of bits of my jewellery on tv.

5 Likes

That’s really cool and didn’t they look good on her display! I enjoyed this programme much more than I thought I would.

2 Likes

Yes we watched the first one on catch up TV and liked it so we watched the second episode live. Still can’t get over the surprise .
Dave and Dos

1 Like

many years ago I knitted a suit that was on tv with Helen Wogan wearing it…

4 Likes

Oh how exciting, what a lovely surprise :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! How brilliant!

1 Like

Oh that’s amazing. I bet you were really chuffed! Very exciting x

1 Like

I’m watching it on iplayer right now - they look adorable!

1 Like

One of my hedgehog water dishes that was bought by a lady that rescues hedgehogs was on the local BBC News programme once when she was featured on it and very kindly put my dish in prime position so it got on the film :smiley:

7 Likes