Asked to supply to another site has anyone else used them?

I have been approached by Dorothy and Theodore and asked if I would like to sell through them too. I just wondered if anyone else has used them. I am happy just to use Folksy but there is no harm in asking is there?
Anita

They have contacted me through my website several times and I have declined as I thought the commission was too high.

They have contacted me via Facebook and I must admit I’ve not had a chance to think about it yet. I’m not sure I was given commission details, but on the face of it, the website looks professional and they seem to have generated a lot of positive pr. I’ll be interested to hear what you decide to do!! Sorry I can’t give any personal advice though…

I’ve been asked too Anita. Initially I was really flattered but the 24% commission is worrying me. My prices are low enough as is. I wouldn’t make anything. Would be interested to hear of anyone’s experience with them though. Looks like a nice website. So hard to know what to do

I was asked too & googled them out of interest. They didn’t look that great to me (big up-front fee & commission!) but do your own research & decide for yourselves.

I had done a bit of digging and I was unsure of the £50 upfront fee and the 24% commission even though as you say @Textiletreasure they seem to be good at the PR. I was interested to see though that a lot of people after signing up did not re-sign. Only a couple seemed to make a decent profit. I had just wondered if anyone had taken them up on the offer and how they got on.
I cant afford £50 at the moment untill Folksy takes off a bit better.
Thanks for all your comments
Anita

I was asked but, as I’m in the process of changing what I make and sell, I didn’t look into it any further. I’m a bit put out that they’ve asked lots of other people…I’d thought I’d been specially selected!.. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ha ha ha - I thought that too - but then told myself that’s just because Folksy is a haven for people who make lovely stuff!!! :wink:

1 Like

Phew. Just received my invite. Wondered what it was about my stuff they didn’t like that I’d not been asked ! Glad I don’t now need to bother opening the attachment to find out what they’re offering. A quick thank you and no thank you is on its way back xx

1 Like

I had this invite earlier in the week. They must be very busy sending these messages. They are clever as the message does make you feel specially chosen at first!
Maureen

I also got an invite after Christmas and thought the commission was way to high.

I googled reviews and the fact a lot would not sign for a second year, commission was high and a £50 fee upfront certainly put me off.
We are all special anyway! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes