Back in the 1970's

I remember these, but I don’t think I ever saved up enough of the paper gollies to send off for anything. I used to have Bunty comic and I particularly loved the dress-up dolls on the back. Oh and I was a proud member of The Tufty Club.

1 Like

We used to collect the PG Tips card in the 50s (yes, I’m that old) and remember an album with the constellations and one of British birds. They were rather a gluey mess, as I recall! I loved the Bunty and my daughter used to get it in the eighties and I looked forward to reading it. I particularly liked “The Balloon of Doom”! I don’t know if any comics like that exist any more. If Bunty were revived, I can imagine the Four Marys discussing boyfriends and makeup!..

3 Likes

I remember all this! Was also a DC fan - you were either a fan of DC or Donny Osmond at my school. I can remember hot pants coming into fashion and not being allowed to have a pair! I can recall reading the Cathy and Claire letter’s page in a magazine, but not which one. Ah, those were the days.

My favourite magazine was Jackie, and I had David Cassidy and Marc Bolan all over my bedroom walls.

Kim
x

Marc Bolan - my hero, cried my heart out when he died! My sister loved David Cassidy - still does and goes to all his concerts, even went to New York to see him last year!

Cathy and Claire were in Jacki magazine. Happy days.