Back to work blues

Anyone else experiencing the back to work blues? I could hardly sleep last night fretting about my lessons tomorrow, I hate back to work anxiety! Sometimes I think it would be better not to have so long at Easter x

1 Like

Ha! No I have the back to school yippees! I love my kids to bits but working and juggling 3 littles is hard work! Mind you I realised 2/3 of them have an inset day tomorrow - so just a yip really and the yippees for Tuesday!! So many orders to make and get posted :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The jewellery is my job so no time off for good behaviour here. And I gave up my saturday to go to a gem/ bead show so I could go and see my tame lapidarist to discuss with him the cutting of the spectrolite slabs I bought in Finland whilst I was there on a ‘business trip’. Its a hard life having to spend time looking at (by which I obviously mean buying) shiny things but I’ve got some beauties for the stash.

2 Likes

I’m with you on that one Susan @dottiedesigns - when my two were younger I longed for them to head back to school but now they are almost grown up (18 and 19) I love it when they are home even though it does mean I get very little done. As for back to work blues - I get that every Monday morning (and tuesday, wednesday …!)

1 Like

One child and one husband back at school tomorrow, 1 child still off till Tuesday. Husband has the back to school blues but the kids are fine!

3 Likes

I totally have the back to work blues. Worst nights sleep ever just before we go back- last night was no different and now I just feel miserable! :frowning:

1 Like

I just returned to work last week after being off for 3 months, did not sleep at all for about three nights.

My daughter had them! she’s 6, and this morning we had “I have a tummy ache! an ear ache! a head ache! I hurt my ankle yesterday I can’t walk . . .”

We missed the line but we made it for the register . . .

1 Like

I’ve got another week off so not yet but I do get them and I only work a few hours! I only have one school age child now - he’s revising for GCSEs but I love having him at home. My other son has just gone back to uni and I will miss having him around.

1 Like

I get the back to work blues every Monday morning! I’d much rather be crafting full time than working for someone else but needs must. I only had Good Friday and Easter Monday off but I definitely had back to work blues on the Tuesday. I lose track of the school hols now both my kids have left. My son was back from Uni at Easter though, so that was nice.

2 Likes

I’d love to get back to work but at the moment that seems to consist of sending emails, typing up invoices and and sorting out expenses.

Well done - gold sticker for you then fighting against all of that!

I get the poor nights sleep in the run up to the return to school. I didn’t have too bad a day today though x

How awful, did you get on ok? X

Errggh I did. I also blame the fact that I went on a 30mile bike ride yesterday too- so I’m a bit sore! Haha glad yours wasn’t so bad though! Mines always better on the Monday night. I have a Monday night ritual where after dinner I have a bath then have an early night and just read my book in bed. It helps me have a good nights sleep on the Mon night and sets me up for the week. Haha

2 Likes

Utter misery! No free time until Wed afternoon this week, extra revision for y11 and a faculty meeting tomorrow.

1 Like

Ok like first day nerves @VioletJewellery

1 Like

For the first time in my life I don’t go to work or run a business (apart from my little shop here)- it’s not as great as it sounds :frowning: I keep browsing on Indeed.

I feel your pain. Mine have 5 lessons left until final coursework deadline but what’s this? An unannounced round of mock exams that haven’t been calendared and happen to fall on three of my five remaining lessons…yay! :@

We have about 20 lessons to go, no coursework, and, joy of joys, it’s the bottom set. Some have just realised that they won’t be getting a C grade…

1 Like