CALLING ALL SELLERS: You can now enable your shop to take card payments!

Ok, thanks!

Thanks Camilla. No rush. Maybe I’ve got the wrong end of the stick.

The new payment system is now LIVE! So if you have enabled Stripe for your shop customers should now be given the choice of paying directly by card as well as by Paypal.

If you spot any problems please do let us know - you can tell us here or email Support.

7 Likes

Hi @folksycontent that’s great news! Thank you to you and @dougfolksy for all your hard work sorting it all.

I’ve just logged into Stripe and I’ve had to verify with a photo of my passport, which I’ve just sent to them (it’s only just asked me to do this), I’m now waiting for this to be verified, do you know what will happen if someone buys something from me via Stripe payment while they’re still verifying my passport? Would the payment still go through?

Many thanks
Natalie x

*** EDIT *** Well that was quick! Stripe have just verified me and my passport, so I’m all good to go! :smile:

1 Like

Can i ask Camilla when i go to business settings then to account settings should it be in folksy name or should it read Jennies Gems Stripe never got back to me so i don’t know if the problem has been sorted out

It will probably say Folksy on your Stripe account. This post shows you what you can expect your Stripe dashboard to look like and how you can edit it https://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1817395-editing-your-stripe-direct-payment-settings

Thanks Camilla i think I’ve got it all sorted now

1 Like

oooh exciting stuff … bring on the shoppers! thank you for all your hard work Folksy Guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

I couldn’t get it to work, kept saying invalid account number. On reading this thread, I’m glad it wouldn’t work, I never get any sales on Folksy any more either, so I’m giving up when my listings expire.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve had problems signing up to Stripe, Susan, and also that you’re not getting any sales on Folksy. Since direct payments went live last week, over 40% of customers have chosen that method over Paypal so if you do want to give it a try, contact our Support team and they can look into the issue for you.

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that my phone number did not appear on the bank statement afterall.

2 Likes

Stripe payments working OK for us. Have’nt had any problems signing up but we signed up straight away for this service when Folksy set it up. Quite a few sales have been paid for via stripe and money is getting through to us fine.

3 Likes

Good news! That’s reassuring to hear.

Thanks for all the info x

Hello all
Im going to tread very carefully over this card payment option, i cant decide at present.
Regards Adrian

The phone number does appear on the Stripe email receipt, along with your email address, but you can choose whether or not to send a receipt to the customer (Stripe dashboard -> business settings -> customer emails).

I’m curious to know what the customer receives by way of receipt if I have the Stripe receipt option switched off. Do they get confirmation of a successful Stripe payment from Folksy?

1 Like

That’s confusing. My husband said he didn’t get my phone number. I’m a bit worried now, as I’ve had a few Stripe sales since then. Thank you so much for letting us know. Hate to think I’ve misinformed people.

Hi Doug. I would like to know how to set up Stripe to transfer to my bank account daily. Could you please advise? I am waiting a week for my money each time. Or am I misunderstanding - do we still have to wait a week but can get the money paid in daily rather than weekly after they have sat on it for that time?

To be honest, I stopped using Folksy due to the lack of options to pay by card. So went over to the dark side ( Et**) as it incorporated my needs for selling. I just couldn’t mange juggling two shops and commissions on top. HOWEVER! Now they have introduced a ridiculous fee system, it would be wonderful to concentrate on my Folksy site, with the option of card payments.thank you Folksy!

4 Likes

Hi Fiona

Thanks for this info. How has this been for you over the past year?

Jacqui x