Folksy Ltd

CALLING ALL SELLERS: You can now enable your shop to take card payments!

(Alison Sye) #162

Hello Henen,
Did you find out how to remove your phone number from public view? I’ve been trying for days!!

(Alison Sye) #163

Hello Natalie,
Did you find out how to remove your phone number from public view? I’ve been trying for days!!

(Sasha Garrett) #164

Alison @AlisonSye you can remove your phone number from your public info via your business settings - log in to your stripe dashboard and its the link at the bottom on the left hand side, click on it, scroll to the bottom half of the page, delete the phone number and click on save. Your phone number will still be saved as part of your profile (in case you get logged out of the account) but no longer visible to the public.

(Alison Sye) #165

Hi Sasha, thank you for taking the time to help me. I have tried that, but when I delete my phone number and click save it won’t let me proceed. It turns to red and says I need to fill it in. I can’t find any other way of doing this so I just keep repeating this process. It is driving me round the twist. I can’t find anything on Stripe support to help me with this.

(Alison Sye) #166

Hi Sasha, thank you for taking the time to help me. I have tried that, but when I delete my phone number and click save it won’t let me proceed. It turns to red and says I need to fill it in. I can’t find any other way of doing this so I just keep repeating this process. It is driving me round the twist. I can’t find anything on Stripe support to help me with this.

(Helen Healey) #167

Hi Alison. I still haven’t signed up to Stripe yet as the various problems people have been having are still putting me off. Sorry to hear you’re having problems.

(Alison Sye) #168

Yes, when you read through the feed it’s quite frightening. I have read a lot of reviews of Stripe and in theory it is excellent. I don’t know how many customers I have lost because of only offering Paypal, but I have never had a customer complaining about it. I myself really like to use paypal at the checkout. I actually found Stripe really easy to set up (and I’m rubbish at this sort of thing) and had none of the issues with ID and stuff that other people are talking about. However, I just can’t seem to remove my phone number from public view. It’s annoying, because when you are setting up and they ask you for your phone number it says ‘Don’t worry, you can remove this later’.

(Suzzie Godfrey) #169

Yes, I have just signed up to stripe, and cannot remove my phone number. Have tried what Sasha @SashaGarrett says but to no avail. @folksycontent is this an issue or am I missing something?
Suzzie

(Alison Sye) #170

Yes, exactly the same here.

(Carrie ) #171

I signed up for Stripe a few weeks ago and it says I’m ‘connected’ but am I right in thinking it’s not actually in use yet on Folksy? My last sale was a pain as the buyer really wanted to pay by bank card but couldn’t use that facility on my shop and ended up having to set up a paypal account to buy from me. Is this a problem with my account or is it just not up and running yet? Thanks for any advice…

(Alison Sye) #172

I am pretty certain it’s not up and running yet on Folksy. I have it connected to my Tictail shop. My husband did a trial buy from his phone using a credit card. I listed an item for a pound. Anyway, it was very simple to use from his mobile. Very smooth. The £1 appeared on my Stripe account immediately, but says it won’t go into my bank account for a few days. Actually, it was 79p after deductions. Anyway, I really liked it. My only problem being that I can’t remove my phone number.

(Carrie ) #173

Thanks for that, glad it’s not just my shop.
I can’t find it now (maybe on the Stripe FAQs?) but someone said your phone number doesn’t show up to the buyer. Did you notice if that the case when you did the trial for your tictail site?

(Carrie ) #174

Ah - I think you already answered that, I didn’t read properly!

(Alison Sye) #175

The thing that is worrying, and I know you already know this because you are worried too, is that is quite clearly says above my phone number that this information is visible to the public. And, I have tried loads of times to remove this, by the methods advised, but it won’t let me. Everytime I remove it from the business settings, it turns red and says this needs to be filled in.
My phone number did not appear during the transaction (not that I could see anyway), but I think it may appear on the customer’s bank statement. I will let you know. It may take a while though. It says the first transaction takes the longest. I will let you know, as soon as I know.

(Christine E.) #176

Carrie, your customer doesn’t have to set up a Paypal account. If you send them a Paypal invoice, they can pay it with any card…

(Deborah Jones) #177

True. The paying by card via PayPal at checkout only works a few times, then it refuses the card unless they sign up- one of my regular customers found this. I can however still send her PayPal invoices direct. Silly disjointed system.

(Camilla) #178

If your phone number is showing up in the information that will be visible to your customer and you’d prefer not to share it @AlisonSye, you can change it to this number: 0114 3030519 (enter it on Stripe as 1143030519 with the +44 prefix selected).

This is a voicemail service that directs customers to contact our Support Team. We’ve set this up as we understand some sellers can’t or don’t want to use their own phone but ideally customers should be given a number they can call if they have any problems with their order.

There’s more info about the Stripe dashboard on this post https://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1817395-editing-your-stripe-direct-payment-settings

The new payment system isn’t live yet @Llosgi but we’re finishing the last tests today, so hopefully it will all be up and running later today or tomorrow.

(Alison Sye) #179

Thank you Camilla, I’m not actually sure if I mind my phone number being public. I need to give it some thought. The number I gave was my landline and I’m hardly ever at home, so I would need to change it anyway, if I decide to leave it. I don’t want to appear to be inaccessible to a customer, but on the other hand I would much rather they contacted me by another method than a phone call.
It was more the way they said, as you were giving your phone number in a section quite clearly labelled that it would be visible to the public, ‘don’t worry, you can remove this later’ that was annoying me. It made me feel like they were not being completely straight with me. Anyway, I’ll wait to see if it’s on the bank statement, and then decide what to do.
My main issue is that I really like Stripe and have attempted to set it up to my Folksy shop a few times. Unless I’m missing something (which is likely), you can’t connect a Stripe account to more than one shop. They say you should open another Stripe account. You can use the same bank account for more than one Stripe account. I don’t mind doing this, but the two shops have to be different businesses with different names, and mine aren’t. So not sure what to do.

(Camilla) #180

That’s really strange. I thought you could connect two shops to the same Stripe account.
Let me chase that up and I’ll get back to you.

(Carrie ) #181

Yes, I did try to explain about that but they’d already done the PayPal account by then, just told me about the frustration afterwards!