Folksy Ltd

Can you raise your cups to me please?

(Vicki Cockcroft) #1

I’ve only gone and done it.

Sorted Google Analytics all by myself.

This, believe me, is a major, major achievement.

Worth waking up to find results showing.

Sad, but true.

Have a biscuit on me, all.

8 Likes
(Take2 Bottles) #2

Well done, I am a confirmed technophobe so I appreciate your achievement! Love your bracelets x

(Vicki Cockcroft) #3

Thank you. Technophobes together then! My problem was that I’d had google analytics when I was here before and I think that confused things when I tried to restart it. Lost patience and deleted everything and then reloaded. It worked. Beware, this method does not always work with technology! Lol. I’m not exactly phobic about technology, just frustrated that it doesn’t come ‘naturally’ and I haven’t had the benefit the younger generation have had, of growing up with it all. My girls either laugh at me or give me witheringly sympathetic looks… Sorry, that’s a long way of saying I like your spoon bottle a lot!

(Suzzie Godfrey) #4

Oh my! Well done you. But are you going to give us a clue how you did it?
Being totally inept with technology, don’t even have a ‘food mixer’, I asked hubby to help, humph! Lets just say, my last line of the evening was ’ well I’d like to see you read a knitting pattern and end up with a pair of socks '. We haven’t broached the subject since! But I would still love to ‘do it’!
Again, well done, you give me hope,
Suzzie x

3 Likes
(Julie Maginn) #5

From someone who’s head is about to explode setting up twitter and facebook this week I send you my congrats! Technology… great when it does as it’s told but when you and it have differing opinions…arggggg!!! :confounded:

1 Like
(Heidi Meier) #6

Respect. You are a far better person than me because I still have not… !!! :confused:

(Vicki Cockcroft) #7

I persevered, Suzzie. And thought laterally. And pulled my hair out. And wondered if I was wasting my time as it’s only bloomin’ Google Analytics.And considered going on an online dating site and stipulating that I was looking for a technology PhD! (Husband would have been as helpful as yours!)

But seriously, what I actually did was close the previous account and start again from scratch. Held breath in case I couldn’t set up another one, but I found that I could. I reckon sometimes this technology stuff is more confused than I am. And, as my dad used to say, when all else fails, go back to basics.

Don’t give up. Get rid of all failed attempts and try again. The instructions on Folksy are accurate and it works really easily if you start from ‘scratch’.

Lovely to hear from you! Glad I’ve given someone hope.

Vx

(Vicki Cockcroft) #8

Please see reply to Suzzie, particularly the bit about technology being easily confused!! Remember, it’s not you, it’s it!!

(Vicki Cockcroft) #9

Bless you. It’s dead easy if you follow Folksy instructions and don’t start from a muddle like what I did. Go for it. And then you can waste endless hours staring at your stats.

Alternatively you could just keep making stuff and selling it!!

1 Like
(Sara Smith) #10

Well done! Must admit I find it all a headache, but need to take the plunge. Will certainly give it a go now.

(Samantha Stanley) #11

I raise my coffee cup to you! I wouldn’t say I was bad with technology, but I wouldn’t say I was good either-more workmanlike. My brother is a technology ace (he teaches computer science and IT) and every time I ask him a question about it I can see him slowing-down-and-explaining-stuff-really-simply-so-the-Neanderthals-can-understand.

Sam x

1 Like
(Vicki Cockcroft) #12

Good luck. Take it slow step by slow step. And don’t do it at ten pm when you’re tired!! Like I did.

2 Likes
(Sara Smith) #13

Thanks. Will have a go. Watch this space!!
Love your bracelets by the way.

Sara

(Vicki Cockcroft) #14

Thank you! Yes, there’s that gulf between those ‘in the know’, or in my case, people consderably younger than me. And don’t they make us know it!! Mind you, you do at least have a useful brother. My assorted younger family members may be able to use the stuff, but they’re not that good at doing things like Google Analytics.

I, meanwhile, am going to wear my ‘Queen of Google Analytics’ crown for the rest of the day and feel proud.

Lovely to meet you. (all). Now I must really go and do some of that stuff called work.

2 Likes
(Vicki Cockcroft) #15

I expect to hear that you’ve been too busy watching your google results to post, later in the week!!
V And thank you. There are more items to come but, strangely, I’ve been doing other things than listing, this last couple of days… Lol

(Clare Blackledge) #16

Well done! I have no idea what it even is, but imagine it’s to get your brand out there and result in more sale… .So good on you! :wink:

(Sonia Adam) #17

Good work! I just wish I knew how to use its information more. GA is not very user friendly unless you know a lot about computers!

(Vicki Cockcroft) #18

Ha Clare! No, it’s not to get your brand out there. It’s a graphy thing that shows you who’s visiting your shop and that sort of thing. So you can stare at it when your NOT making sales. Or when you want a coffee break. (It’s actually supposed to be a useful tool for working out how and where to promote… but I’m not very good at that bit!) Thanks for the cheers though!

(Vicki Cockcroft) #19

Likewise Sonia. Please see previous response! I stare at it and press buttons and hope it’ll mean something to me one day… user friendly it certainly isn’t for non-techies! But thanks for the comment. I’ve been bouyed by the response today. Lovely to get in the tea breaks.

(Vicki Cockcroft) #20

Update. It’s cuppa time again, so I’ve checked google analytics. And TWO people from Wales have visited my shop. Hurrah. Tags work! Noswaith dda i chi. Good evening to you.

There you go all… something interesting to come out of all my angsting.