Changing My Tag-Line Wisdom or Folly?

I’ve been reading the Folksy Blog article on Brand Identity (always dangerous) and decided to give my brand an overhaul. My tag-line is currently “imaginative jewellery-carefully made” but I thought about changing it to “…something rich and strange.” Does anyone else get what I’m on about or is this another idea which should be confined to the depths like the Kraken. All thoughts welcome-I know I’m mad, so I won’t be offended.

I’m not sure about using the word ‘strange’, some people might be put off by that.

Imaginative jewellery- carefully handmade might be an improvement though, what do you think about a less drastic change?

2 Likes

Beat me to it Margaret, was about to say the same :smile:

Elaine

1 Like

It’s so hard isn’t it, Samantha? I had to change mine recently as I’m making a wider variety of things and only came up with something really boring! I can’t say I spent much time on it, though. I like “something rich and strange” as I recognise it as a quote from “The Tempest” and associate it with the imagery of that play (I’m not a Shakespeare expert, I did it for O level nearly 50 years ago!). It may not mean much to people who don’t “get” it, though…

2 Likes

I like the ‘imaginative jewellery’ bit but the ‘carefully made’ bit makes me feel a bit suspicious, in that I wouldn’t expect it to be anything other than carefully made so the fact you’ve said it makes me wonder… I’m sure it is but that’s the way my suspicious mind works!

I like ‘…rich and strange’ too even though I didn’t know it was a quotation (we did Macbeth at school!)

How about ‘imaginative jewellery… rich and strange’ ? I think it’s probably a good idea for SEO to keep the word jewellery in there, although I’m no expert.

4 Likes

Thanks Christine-I had a feeling that not everybody would “get” it. I’m not going to elaborate further or it will ruin the results of my little experiment :wink: , but I’m glad you recognized the quote!

1 Like

Thanks for your input everyone! You’ve given me some great insights and I’ve had some more ideas for tag lines that I think will combine the best of both worlds. Thanks again :fish:

What about unique instead of strange?

Regards,
Leslie

2 Likes

Thank you for all your help and advice. It is much appreciated, as always! I’ve decided to go for “A sea change in handmade jewellery.” Which is my own take on many of your suggestions. Thanks again, Sam x

2 Likes

Like it, Sam!
“Full fathom five thy father lies, of his bones are coral made, those are pearls which are his eyes, nothing of him that doth change into something rich and strange…”
…not bad for something learnt all that time ago!

2 Likes

Very well remembered! Thanks Christine! :fish: