Come on Folksy

Yes its worth a try just needs a catchy hash tag

That all sounds great @Folksycontent looking forward to it. Thanks. :slight_smile:

great @Folksycontent I look forward to joining in the twitter feed. 8-9 sounds great but as you say perhaps not wednesday.
ok @Amberlilly and @OhButtonMe thinking caps on for a catchy #

If there are going to be 2, then I suggest a Sunday afternoon as well. I work on a computer all day at my day job, so Iā€™m only online briefly when I get home and then Iā€™m crafting until I go to bed. Not everyone owns a mobile or a tablet.

Iā€™ve had a little snoop around Twitter and I think Tuesdays between 8-9 might be a good time. Would that suit everyone here? The other option is Thursdays but that would clash with the Great British Sewing Bee and that would be bad.

And as for the hashtag, maybe #folksyhour. Unless anyone else can think of anything brilliant and clever?

8 Likes

Iā€™m up for it but maybe a bit of a reminder on the forums would be helpful, my memory is not what it was!

2 Likes

Sounds good to me count me in :smile:

Looks like @Folksycontent is starting one up??? but not heard anything since- 7 days ago??

Yeah sounds good to me

Sounds good to me so count me in :slight_smile:

@Folksycontent will this be set up soon then? Tuesdays seems to be fine with most here. Will you let us know when you hope to start?
Anita

I was hoping for a reply too!

Iā€™m sure Camilla @Folksycontent will reply once the weekend is over. Donā€™t think sheā€™s available 24/7!

2 Likes

Hi @Amberlilly. I did reply on Friday to see if Tuesday between 8-9 suits everyone. If thatā€™s good with you all, we can give it a practice run this Tuesday and see how it works. Iā€™ll start a separate thread with more details tomorrow. Exciting!

5 Likes

Great Camilla, @Folksycontent thanks for taking time to do this.

1 Like

Thank you Camilla @Folksycontent!

1 Like

Thanks for the Twitter chat, I tentatively joined in as new to Twitter but enjoyed it.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone who came to #folksyhour last night. It was manic but fun!

2 Likes

Thanks for hosting it. Hope to be back next week :smile:

When I am at craft fairs and markets I do my bit and always mention Folksy but most people have not heard about it. Folksy and many galleries do not promote artists or crafters very well yet our crafts grace their ā€˜wallsā€™ and our creations do need to be seen.

Like many of you I would prefer it if one personsā€™ crafts are not promoted over another because this is so subjective and I think unfair as we all pay the same fees.

I am first and foremost an artist but do publicise Folksy online and locally and have a link on my website too. I cannot tell Folksy how to do their job but in order for their business to grow it does need to become as familiar as ebay.

1 Like