Come on Folksy

I would too.

I think Et is a lot bigger the Folksy in the amount of sellers and items.
If you think of all the successful sellers on there are advertising the site and bringing in new customers, that will then look at other sellers.

1 Like

Could someone at Folksy HQ do the artwork, something like ā€œShop Handmade at Folksyā€, and then put it as a free download for us to print ourselves? We could then put it as a sticker onto parcels, make it into badges, print it onto bags. . . Quick and simple, no making or shipping costs for Folksy, easy take-up from your sellers.

4 Likes

This was ruled out before because design consistency & print quality couldnā€™t be guaranteed. Also I think there may be a concern that there would be a grey area over us sellers being ā€˜representatives of Folksyā€™

Wow! Iā€™m glad I found this thread. Iā€™ve been thinking about Folksy promotion for a while and hoping that something would change. People know Etsy, but the donā€™t know Folksy and itā€™s even people based in Sheffield.

I feel like Folksy should use social a lot more, blog a lot more and even get out and about a bit more. Host Folksy events so at least the people in Sheffield see and hear about it and from there it spreads.

We all really want it to do well and it would be a shame for people to give up on it.

Iā€™m about to go check out the Folksy shop as Iā€™ve never seen it either.

2 Likes

Why isnā€™t there a folksy app? Sorry if someone has already queried thisā€¦a lot of posts in thread and hard to read through them all. X

Oh dear, I joined in January folksy plus, I feel sad reading all of this, Iā€™m still waiting for my first sale, will I get one I ask. I will have to try and keep positive

Sue

1 Like

Of course we can be trusted to produce a decent quality print to advertise our own shop! We are the artistic ones after all. And even if it was written in the dirt on the back of a van at least it would get the Folksy name out there :smile:

I can understand Admin saying they donā€™t have the resources to do much, but there are thousands of us that could do a little bit each, as soon as they allow us to.

3 Likes

Folksy should be investing in advertising as it works both ways not only is it beneficial to them but to their sellers who are their bread and butter. You have to speculate to accumulate as they say, so long term every one is a winner. Unless you put the work in you get nothing back, why would they want their site to just run by itself relying on the sellers to put in all the groundwork on self promotion I think a little help is needed otherwise they will lose what they have, from what I can see a lot of people are not happy and Folksy are loosing valuable sellers who keep the site up and running.

5 Likes

I like this idea.

It is a real shame I hoped it would be good being in the UK ideal for posting, mean I sell alot to the USA and sometimes the postage is a lot moreā€¦ Have re done the photos etc etc , but the lack of hits on my shop are really poor, compared to ETSY ā€¦is such a shameā€¦ :frowning:

3 Likes

I am no longer listing on Folksy at all. I have had a shop on here more or less since it started. I have always promoted but the last year has been dire. So I have re-opened my Etsy shop. not promoted at all other than tweeting when I list, pinning when I list and FB when I remembered. 20+ ( I could count but I canā€™t be bothered) sales this month, more than I have ever got on here for January.
I am sorry, I stuck with Folksy and wanted to support them as they are british, but when you pay for either a Plus account or just to list and you see your sales falling it is very disheartening. so when my listing end I am shutting my shop for good.

I have also, for the first time ever, sold more on Eā€¦ than Folksy this month. I had a good November and December here but this month not so good and hardly any views which is worrying. I have been at Folksy for just over 2 years and not done too bad with sales and had quite a few regular customers but even they seem to be abandoning me these last few months. Maybe things will pick up but seen a few threads on the forum saying they have had shops here for a few years, doing well, and then just grind to a standstill. My shop may just have run itā€™s course but my plus account doesnā€™t end till November so see how things go.

just seen this thread. Didnā€™t realise it was started a year ago , but seems there were some good ideas banded about, folksy badges , folksy car stickers with sellers saying they would gladly buy and display. Whats happened since? can we buy them? @folksycontent

2 Likes

Yes it would be nice to know if the badges and car stickers are anywhere further down the pipeline.

2 Likes

Hi Sarah, I was just thinking about this the other day. I donā€™t see why we couldnā€™t print them ourselves. Folksy needs to been seen! Everyone still gives me a blank look when I say I sell on Folksy, I still have to explain that itā€™s like a British Etsy.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve already closed one shop on here and am seriously considering closing this one. It took more than 6 years of members asking before we got discount code facility. I noticed the other day that we finally have 15 tags available to us now, as opposed to the 5 we used to have but I didnā€™t get any notification of this important and very useful improvement. I donā€™t have time to spend on forums, I am a busy mom, busy making and busy promoting. I think that this improvement is too little too late.

1 Like

Iā€™m also very busy, as I care for my elderly mum. I do promote my online shops and try to post things from other online sellers, that I like.
I have shops at both Folksy and E**y. My revenue from Folksy has dropped away to almost nothing, over the last few months. Christmas was a joke - I had No sales, despite promoting, though I did very well elsewhere.

In 2016, so far, my sales revenue at E**y has been Ā£250. At Folksy it was Ā£6. I sold one small notebook.

I paid for Plus membership, but Iā€™m seriously wondering whether to carry on here. If things donā€™t pick up, I will leave, as I donā€™t have time to promote a shop that brings me no money, whatever work I put into it.

1 Like

I think we did get a couple of emails with the announcement and advice about the tags?? Have you signed up for Folksyā€™s newsletter?

Iā€™m sure the tag issues was announced via the folksy promotial email letter thingie.