Confused about GDPR? Ask your questions here!

Yay, teamwork!! Might do that too then everything is covered!! Thanks @SarahDesignsUK xx

2 Likes

I can find the facebook note, can you help me please. Lol Found it. Lol

I copy and pasted it into a note. Is this correct or should it be a link to my actual shop?

I copied and pasted the Folksy policy into the note and then edited it slightly. I then put the link to the note in the fb privacy bit.

1 Like

will you all visit me in prison?..I will get better food and entertainment thereā€¦lolā€¦
All this is way over my headā€¦although I HAVE copied and pasted what admin sentā€¦reading all the comments here I have NO idea what half of it is aboutā€¦
To me it is like trying to read the small print on insurance documentsā€¦
I could be retiring earlier than expected.

2 Likes

Going to look at your page Lol, canā€™t see the privacy bit!

If you go further back up this thread, Sarah Bell posted a screenshot of where to find the privacy bit. If you go to that and click edit, it brings up a box to add a link. Just copy and paste the link to your note in there. Hope that helps. Iā€™m not very good at explaining things.

2 Likes

Thank you, I am on track now,

1 Like

Thanks to @folksycontent and @dougfolksy for this - so welcome!

2 Likes

A massive thank you to @folksycontent and @dougfolksy for doing this with such straightforward language.
Also to @SarahDesignsUK and @PocketfulCreations for the FB help. I only look at their ā€œmanage your pageā€ stuff once in a blue moon, and then think oh, thereā€™s lots I could do on here if only I made an effort, and promptly dont make an effort. Now, to tackle those mailing listsā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks loads for this @folksycontent - but now when i click on the privacy policy in shops they do not seem to be working - is anybody else having problems - ? thanks -x-

Hi there - what are you linking to on your facebook page - your folksy privacy notice ? thanks -x-

It could be that pop-ups are blocked on your browser?

hi camilla :slight_smile:
it has been working ok up til now -x-

says:

The page you were looking for doesnā€™t exist.

You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.

If you are the application owner check the logs for more information.

I can see it on your shop, Sally.

thanks - will have another try -x-

Hiya, Iā€™m linking to a privacy policy on my website that covers Facebook. But if you donā€™t have a website you can create a facebook note with your chosen policy on and link to that :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks so much -x-

Many thanks to all at folksy @folksycontent and @dougfolksy for this, much appreciated

hi @dougfolksy i still canā€™t see my privacy policy when i click on link - an error message keeps coming up. This also happens when i look at some other shops too - this is on desktop pc and smartphone.
thanks for any help,
sally.