"copyrightclaims.org" Anything to be worried about?

Hi all,

I’ve been racking up a few views from this link/organisation over the past few days according to my google analytics graph. I’m very scrupulous when it comes to my designs and always google them first and check out Etsy, Folksy and Pinterest to make sure I’m not inadvertently stealing anybody’s idea. I want my things to have that “made by me” look and I have no interest in copying celebrity pieces. Without clicking on the link (too scary) I wondered if anybody else has come across this organisation and if there was anything further flowing from it. Or if they are just wandering around the web on behalf of the big fish to see if they can make any money out of us struggling minnows.

Love Sam x

Here you go Sam, this might ease your worries - http://botcrawl.com/stop-copyrightclaims-org-referral-spam-in-google-analytics/

Jo :smile:

1 Like

Its a referral spam bot so nothing to worry about from a copyright point of view.
Sasha

1 Like

Haha, yeah I’ve been seeing that one too! My first thought was “you cheeky b**gers!!”

They’re getting really creative with the names though, I’ll give them that :smile:

1 Like

Thanks all! Now I know it’s a spam bot I would have worried if I didn’t get some views :wink: You know “Everything comes with Spam!”

Love Sam x

Yes I have had that in the last week as well and I thought exactly the same thing. Glad to know it is more spam and nothing serious

1 Like

I was just about to ask about the same referral. How boring! Does anyone know if there is a centralized list of referrer spam that is kept up to date with new URLs so we can look suspicious referrals up there first before contributing to their plan by using google etc?

Cheers
Alison

1 Like

I don’t think there is anything centralized. I didn’t click on the link because I am extremely cautious about doing that sort of thing. The best place to ask about it is this forum in my experience, because somebody else has usually already encountered it and can advise you what to do.

Love Sam x