Dementia Awareness Week

For the whole of May , anything I sell in my shop, the profit will go to the Alzheimer’s Society as my effort for the Dementia Awareness Week 17-23 of May.

Thanks for reading :blush:

5 Likes

I hope you (and the charity) do really well this month.
Sasha

Thanks Sasha :blossom:

I hope you do well. One of my friends/colleagues appears to be suffering from dementia so I know a little about it. Such a difficult thing to deal with.

Thanks Louisa, my mum had Alzheimer’s :broken_heart:

I’m very sorry to hear that.

Well done for offering your profits for May to aid dementia awareness. I work as a carer for the elderly, so I see how difficult this condition can be. I’m off to find out more about the awareness week now.

Liz
x

Well done to you. I don’t think enough people realise that dementia takes so many forms, it is so complex that you can’t even say ‘we must do this or that for this person’ and what works one day will not work the next day or for another person. And the physical effects can be so cruel too. I was very proud recently that my daughter arranged someone to come along to her workplace to give a talk on the subject.

I didn’t know that an awareness week was coming up, thank you Sarah for drawing our attention to it. I too will look into it a bit more. xxx

1 Like

My Mum too, Sarah.

An absolutely heart wrenching cruel disease to see your Mum go through. I’ve just bought a bracelet off you and will either keep it for myself or give it to my Sis to wear in my Mum’s honour : )

x

Thanks you so, so much Helen, and so sorry your mum had this wicked illness also -you don’t know how much this means to me- I will try to get it in the post to you today, but tomorrow at the latest :heart:

1 Like

Excellent idea! 1 in 10 of us will be affected by this condition. It scares the bejeepers out of me as both grandmothers had Alzheimer’s and it was heartbreaking for those around her too. I hope you do really well.

Hope you don’t mind me just bumping this as we’re now in Dementia Awareness

Week :+1:

1 Like

I received my bracelet last week and it was absolutely beautiful and so thoughtfully packaged. I gave it to my Sister and she put it on straight away. She loves it.

Thanks again Sarah.

X

Thanks Helen, I’m very glad your sister liked it. :blush: I will let you know the total raised by early June.

1 Like

Well done. This is such a good cause. There is so much ignorance about dementia and what it means. I hope you raise a huge amount. Good luck.

1 Like