Folksy Ltd

Description text box for collections. Good idea?

(Sam) #1

I was wondering if anyone else thinks that it would be a good idea to have a description text box each time a new collection is created? Thus enabling me to write a short description about the items within that collection which is displayed at the top of the screen when that collection is viewed. I only have about 50 to 60 items in my shop and like to have about 10 collections otherwise the number of items in each collection is really low. I tend to group items together rather than in individual type collections i.e ‘winter warmers’ which include scarfs, hats, shawls ect. I think it would be nice to introduce each collection in the same way as the gift guides.

4 Likes
(Kim Blythe) #2

I agree…it would be a good idea

(sandranesbitt) #3

good idea , like it

(Sasha Garrett) #4

Its a good idea so long as its not an obvious box if you haven’t filled it in. Where I have formed a collection with all of my earrings I don’t feel the need to explain why so I don’t want an empty bit of space (like all those ‘inspiration’ boxes I haven’t filled in because ‘it seemed like a good idea at the time’ doesn’t strike me as a good thing to put. If I have grouped items based on a theme or material then having a space to explain why would be a bonus.

1 Like
(Sam) #5

I agree, an empty space at the top of the page wouldn’t look good if visible when not used.

(Joy Salt) #6

I have a slight problem with the idea … if it means that the area taken up by the Collections section is bigger.
I already restrict myself, with a bit of difficulty to only, but exactly, 6 collections as that makes a nice neat line across the screen but only one line so my full shop display is not pushed any further down the screen.

If the descriptive text you are asking for is only displayed on a collection page then fine but I certainly would hate to see it on the front page.

I would also put the outstanding enhancement request - to choose the photos in each collection, way abovet this one as a priority.
ie http://folksy.uservoice.com/forums/117463-suggested-features/suggestions/4531158-collections-images

(Jane Weaver) #7

I think this is a great idea.

(Martine Brumwell) #8

I was thinking the same thing myself a few days ago. It would be good to be able to write a description on each collections page, like you said.

1 Like