Do I need to type 15 tags again for every similar item?

Hello,

Just joined today and put my first item on. Not really finding this easy and taking me ages. About to put second item on, similar to first, most ’ tags’ will be the same. But do I really have to type in 15 tags for every item, any quicker ways? I’m going to be on here forever if have to do that …any help and advice
appreciated.

Thanks, Linda

1 Like

If you look at the 1st listing on your dashboard you will see ‘edit’ and ‘copy’ buttons on the right hand side. If you click on the ‘copy’ button it will duplicate the listing. Edit the photos, description and title as required for the second item and then list - it will have copied over the category, price, shipping, tags etc from the first listing.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for help and instructions Sasha. That’s great news I won’t be typing forever now!

Thanks again, Linda

1 Like

I never noticed that all the time been entering in again, thank you Sasha @SashaGarrett

2 Likes

Oh my gosh! Me too! Thank you @SashaGarrett . You have saved me hours!!

2 Likes

And your jewellery is beautiful @ItsUniquelyYours. Welcome to Folksy :grinning:

Glad you are all finding this tip so useful just remember the importance of making each description unique - external search engines (google etc) look for page uniqueness when figuring out whether to show something in the search results - if the pages are too similar they don’t show some of them thinking they are spam. Your first 2 sentences should ideally be unique to the item/ listing with the rest of the listing being a bit different. It is tempting when using the copy function to skimp on the description rewriting but it is very important.

1 Like

Thank you @SashaGarrett. I’m now off to change all the descriptions on my listings as I have basically copied and pasted!!. I am really not a techy person but boy, I have learned a lot and quickly on these forums. I’m so grateful to you and everyone else who takes the time to share their knowledge.

1 Like

I’m so pleased my question and @SashaGarrett answers and info was helpful to others. Took me a while to post question as thot might be daft! But seems this is very helpful forum with kind folk willing to help. Look out for more questions from me…might be a some daft ones in there too tho.

Thanks @Plaindotty for welcome and kind comment.

2 Likes

Come up against issue while editing photos like you said @SashaGarrett . Says I cant edit them all so stuck with photo of first item. Any way round this? I’m thinking of adding a photo of a matching item with next listing and leaving that in each time. You think that would be ok? Thanks

Delete every photo apart from the first one (when it asks if you are sure just click yes), upload a photo of the new item, drag it to the left so that it becomes the main photo (keep dragging it until they swap positions) and then delete the remaining image from the original listing. Then up load any remaining photos of the new item.
If you do include a photo of matching items (or include matching items in a photo with the main item) you need to make it very clear that they are not included in the item price and can be found in a separate listing. Do not put the matching items not included in the listing in the main/ first photo, people aren’t always good at reading all of the description and assume what’s in the first photo is what they will receive.

Thanks again @SashaGarrett for excellent instructions, I’ll try that with photos.

I was only going to show a matching item to get round photo problem but I understand what you say, could be confusing to people, learning all the time here! Thanks, Linda

1 Like

It is definitely worth mentioning in the listing that there are matching items available - you just have to remember to remove that text if you sell one the matching items separately and can’t remake them!

(and no question is daft so long as you actually want the answer)

Ok, thats great, thanks @SashaGarrett. Very good tip about matching items, was on my mind about how to let folk know they available, when I eventually list.

1 Like

Omg thank you!! This is so good to know!! Will save so much time!! x

1 Like