Folksy Ltd

Do you ever write a post and then delete it?

(Christine E.) #1

I do it all the time! In fact I think I delete more posts than I post. Chicken, I suppose. Scared people will take something I say the wrong way. Scared I’ll be told off for being negative. Scared that whatever I say, however anodyne, will put someone’s back up… :slight_smile:

(Melanie Commins) #2

Yes, reasonably often! :smile:

(Joanne Joyce) #3

Me too, I do it all the time and in fact I have decided to take a break from the forum now because I am reading things that I really want to shout about but don’t want to put people off my shop :stuck_out_tongue:

(Deborah Jones) #4

Yes often.
Sometimes putting my response into words is enough - it doesn’t need sharing.

(Grimm Exhibition) #5

Yep, but then realise I sound daft or its enough to just write it and get it out of my system, so I delete it.

(Shirley Woosey) #6

Me too! Usually when something has annoyed or upset me.

Shirley x

(Margaret Jackson) #7

Often! For the same reasons as most of you!

(Joy Salt) #8

All of the above :stuck_out_tongue:

(Gill Wootton) #9

Me too I lack confidence to hit the button as I’m afraid to inadvertently rock the boat so usually delete it.
Shall I hit the button this time or simply delete it?Mmmmm I wonder which?
Well you are reading it aren’t you?

Gill :smile:

(Little Black Heart) #10

I’m quite opinionated and can be short tempered, I also have a terrible habit of inadvertently putting my foot in it… Not really a good mix for posting on the Internet, so I tend to stay quiet, and out of trouble, instead! :wink:

(Jan Ryan) #11

Yes I’ve done this too, :slight_smile: all the best people do haha

(Oh Button Me) #12

Yes.,…The curse of typing some people will always read what you have wrote in different ways.

(Eileens Craft Studio) #13

Yes some times more than others. Sometimes I know what I want to say but don’t quite know how to say it without coming across all wrong.

So then I decide to delete and just not post.

(Liz Dyson) #14

I’ve never deleted a post, but I’ve had one deleted for me.

(Christine E.) #15

It’s good to know I’m not alone! Actually I’ve just made a post that people might jump on me about, so I just won’t look at the responses! Leap in, post, then run away!.. :slight_smile:

(Heidi Meier) #16

I had typed a response to this and then decided not to post it…

(Christine E.) #17

Well I wouldn’t have seen it anyway! :slight_smile:

(Susan Bonnar) #18

All the time…post & delete more than I post lol!

(Heidi Meier) #19

I’ve just done this. Typed something up and then deleted it.

I read something that really annoyed me.

Not a post, but a description in a shop.

Called to mind the whole ‘hobby vs business’ debate. Which in reality I suspect is for some more of a ‘should I be paying tax’ or not debate.

Hey ho.

(Claire Davis) #20

Me too - do it all the time! Worried that I sound daft, or can’t get across what I want to say eloquently enough. Or if not that then I go the other way and write too long a post, and then worry I’ve babbled. Like now actually!