Folksy Ltd

"Does My Bum Look Big In This?"

(Samantha Stanley) #1

Logged on to FB this morning and a good 25% of the posts on my feed were dodgy diet-pills and advice, weight loss groups, gym memberships and personal trainers. I must look fat in my profile picture :scream:

Love Sam x

2 Likes
(Gloria Dean) #2

Ha Ha Samantha ! You made me smile :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Marg) #3

Even the TV adverts are now suggesting we are overweight and need to slim. I suppose it goes together with the holiday adverts.

1 Like
(Samantha Stanley) #4

My fave is the new Brazilian wonder-fruit that will help you lose £££s or is that lb s (sorry). :wink:

Sam x

2 Likes
(Eileens Craft Studio) #5

Mine just has adverts for Vintage china and washi tape as these are the things I’ve been looking at on Ebay lol

1 Like
(Bojanglies) #6

Last years new year message from the FB ads were for diets, gym memberships and dating websites.
Thanks very much, Facebook…

2 Likes
(Joy Salt) #7

I went into Amazon, from my phone and was presented with a whole row of rabbit hutches and runs.
My husband denies he was looking at them but it certainly wasn’t me so I am to expect a new luffy addition to our family soon ? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes
(Samantha Stanley) #8

There’s no hiding from the truth! Lol!

Sam x

(Samantha Stanley) #9

Not just me then :wink:

Sam x

(Amberlilly) #10

They seem to know where you go what you look at. It’s all a bit spooky!

1 Like
(Bojanglies) #11

Thing is I’ve never been on a dating website, I avoid the gym like the plague, and I think mentioning engagement rings to a fat single person at new year is just plain cruel!
(Oh, I forgot to mention the ad for engagement rings!)

2 Likes
(Samantha Stanley) #12

On a serious note-I think that things that your FB friends like get referred onto you as well. Especially if their page has a promo geared towards “people who like your page and their friends.” I don’t go to the gym or do crash diets either. Neither do I ride horses, but I know a lot of my friends do, so I get these misguided promotions on my feed :wink:

Sam x

(Minerva) #13

Whenever I log in my personal FB page, I have suggestions of a long list of people FB thinks I should connect with. Really? Who are these people? So FB went into others’ profile, took their photo and name and put it in my page. That’s awful.

See, I am not a big fan of social media. I have only added a handful of people as friends such as…close family and friends, people who live very far away and don’t see often and some carefully selected relatives. So FB thinks I’m some lost soul on this planet, poor you, you don’t have any friends, let me find some for you. Whatever! I can do the thinking on my own, I don’t need any help, thank you very much!

(Samantha Stanley) #14

I actually quite like social media! I’ve been able to keep in touch with people who I wouldn’t be able to in other ways and I can fairly say it enhances the friendships I have already if I see photos of them while they are out enjoying themselves because stories usually lose something in the telling. But it does throw up these ironic little quirks now and again. If I turned up to a weight loss group I would hope they would turn me away because I’m on the low side of average as it is!

Sam x

(Sams Gemstone Jewellery) #15

After I got on the scales this morning, the shock nearly killed me. If I turned up at a weight loss group they’d be rubbing their hands together while mentally working out how many months of money they would getting from me !!! :slight_smile: I don’t seem to get ads for diets , weight loss products or gyms and I could seriously do with the help of all 3 !!! What I really hate are the constant adverts everywhere for betting /bingo sites. Are they trying to turn the whole country into gambling addicts ??? Come to think of it I have had a few ads and emails for bingo sites - I hate bingo and the only gambling I do is the lottery and that’s only because I live in hope I will win so I can leave my full time job. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
(Samantha Stanley) #16

I totally agree about the betting adverts. They make it look glamorous and they are often shown in the middle of football matches that are on during the day and before the watershed, for all the little boys to see. It’s as bad as advertising smoking and drinking at those times.

Love Sam x

(Bojanglies) #17

But the telly makes bingo look like such fun! I can dance! I can make friends! I can win money*! (*As long as you feed it back into the system at least 20 times before you can withdraw it)

1 Like
(Samantha Stanley) #18

Is that the catch? They can pull the other one. It has bells on it :joy:

Sam x

1 Like