Does you shopping bag represent you?

and here are my two bagette bags or wine bottle bags I made from the sleeves of a mans shirt also found in my favourite charity shop for £1

They go into my handbag very nicely and now I have friends asking me if I’d make them one if they provide an old man’s shirt.

Lovely thread with some lovely tote bags!

I made a set of four years ago from recycled curtain fabric, three as gifts and one for myself - still going strong 15 years later! The shop name has changed, however. Great idea to advertise your own shop instead of the supermarket - will have to get busy sewing :o)

4 Likes

This is a brilliant idea! And if there was a bag with a Folksy logo on, I would definately buy and use one. How about it, @Folksyadmin?

3 Likes

The simply things are always the most obvious!!
I’m gonna get onto it. For my T&M business

and also my new dog walking business

These are my logos!!

2 Likes

I think the Folksy logo is lovely I would use a bag with it on!
This is a great idea

1 Like

i’d love a folksy bag, it would be a good idea if somebody on folksy sold them.

It’s a great idea, but the folksy logo is copyrighted so you can’t just make them. Maybe Folksy sell them @folksycontent ??

I got mine years ago when I was was a papergirl for the Folksy printed paper that used to come out before Christmas. Crumbs I’ve been here a long time :flushed:

4 Likes

Hi,
I use one of my handmade shopping bags that roll-up small so I can carry one in my handbag in case I need it. I have a couple in my shop. I’m thinking of making more with different fabric if people think they’re a good idea?!

My company name is only on the inside though!!

I have a selection of shopping bags (and yet never have one on me when I need one…)
There’s a TARDIS, a Student Finance England (I’m in Wales), a pair of glittery lips (with a denim stain), a huge K, and 2 OPTICIAN ones (which are the most relevant, but I mostly turn inside out!)

I’m sure I had a bojanglies one made on vistaprint years ago: I really should hunt that out.

That’s a great idea, Helen. We did some screen-printed totes for the Folksy Summer School in 2013 and I still use mine.

I’ll look into it and see what we can come up with - although I still need to get the bumper stickers off the ground (hangs head in shame). Maybe we could combine the two and run a competition for the best taglines?

I know when we talked about this a while ago @fionaT came up with three genius options…
“honk if you like handmade”
“my other car’s handfelted”
“unique linoprint unicorn on board”

We could do some carrier bag specials too - any ideas welcome!

PS. I can’t believe I’ve actually resurrected the bumper sticker issue. On the plus side, we have now got some very exciting Moo templates up and running, so you can get Folksy branded postcards, business cards and fliers all at 30% off. We’re going to be annonuncing them officially soon but if you wwnat to have a look before then, they’re here https://www.moo.com/uk/verticals/folksy-15.html

3 Likes

Glad you agree, Camilla! The folksy logo is so bright and colourful, it would stand on its own - or even just with the ‘Handmade in the UK’ line. Perfect!

1 Like

I quite like the idea of “Honk if you like handmade” I’m sure my carpenter oh would thank me for putting one on his van :grin: All my advertising goes on his van as he travels all over for work.

1 Like

I’m planing on making myself new bags with Eileenscraftstudio on them, as that’s all one needs to find my shop via google. As at the moment my own handmade shoppers get me into conversation at the till and if I have a business card avialable I give them one.