Fault in item

If I posted a close up i’m sure you’d all agree (maybe!?). I didn’t catch the seam on the front pocket and the fabric has started to fray and come away. I think i can unpick and take it in without having to start again - only going back to halfway! Just made more challenging by the fact that i topstitched the seam to make it look nice!
Oh, and I love my green sheep @fionaT!

You’re all going to go back and look for it now aren’t you and then go ‘ahh, now i see it!’

2 Likes

i still can’t see it!

…but i understand :wink:
and i’d probably do the same. after putting it in a cupboard for 12 months to wait and see if it changed…

1 Like

Ha ha I did go back yes, but nope can’t see it…!

I’d feel the same as you though about seams, blimmin’ pesky things that they are!

2 Likes

oo, now that’s a good idea. Maybe it’s a self-healing bag. Well, you can get self-cleaning glass, so why not…

2 Likes

ahhh right as it’s starting to fray I’d undo it as well as you don’t want it ripping once someone puts something heavy in it.

You can sell it as “imperfect” or a ‘second’. I sometimes end up with a defect in a print or a handmade card and put it in the sale box marked as a “second”.(Even if you can hardly see it). However, providing you have pointed out the defect to potential customers, and have evidence of that, they cannot come back later and argue. A pattern glitch or printing glitch is not the same as a defect which causes the item to deteriorate, but still needs to be highlighted.

All fixed now. Involved almost a complete rebuild. In recognition of the trauma she went through though I have decided to still offer her at a slightly reduced price.

3 Likes