February Snowdrops Daily Listing Challenge Thread - February 2017

Roz, it isn’t as simple as just refunding her the money, which I would have happily done, but she set up a dispute via PayPal, and they have put the money on hold in my account, I filled out the form they sent me for the full amount and told her I had done so, and she came back and told me it would take at least a week to resolve. If I now refund the money I think I’ll be likely to be paying back twice. She also contacted Folksy to cancel all orders! I hope this just means from her and not everyone. I’m still feeling upset by the whole incident, I never in my life expected her to cancel the initial order! I sitting sewing today to try and regain some calm into my life.

1 Like

Morning all :smiley:

Unfortunately Sue @SueTrevor if the customer is cheeky enough to ask for such a big discount they’re probably cheeky enough to complain when they don’t get their way. You did exactly the right thing walking away from the sale and I’m sure PayPal will be understanding.

Earrings today from the ‘gold collection’ - just a couple more items to go to complete this set :+1:

6 Likes

Well Sue @SueTrevor - if she has to wait a week its her own silly fault! I’m sure if she had just said sorry I’ve changed my mind then you would have just refunded in the normal way (even without the sorry!). If she has got paypal involved then she will have to wait, you stick to your guns. Never heard of anything so stupid - don’t lose confidence, your work is gorgeous and if I had a few more sales coming my way I would certainly be buying :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Made 2 of these glasses cases this morning and took better photos in better light. Sold one of them over on the other side.

3 Likes

Awwwww, thanks Roz, and everyone else, it is the confidence that gets knocked, and being self employed makes it even harder, that’s why I poured out my worries onto this thread, it all helps to put things into perspective :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Hi everyone - absolutely gorgeous day here.

A relist for you x

Off to make a cuppa and catch up x

Edit: So sorry to hear you have had such a tough time with that customer Sue @SueTrevor. No one needs that kind of customer. I think some people have no idea what we do to make the things we do and do not appreciate hand made at all. I do hope it all sorts itself out quickly with paypal. At least you have all the FB messages you can give to them to back your case xxx

2 Likes

Hi peeps

2 Likes

Thank you @EmyjaneWild and @waifsmum :slight_smile:

@SueTrevor So sorry you’ve had a terrible weekend with that customer! Goodness. How to cheeky to ask for that sort of discount and then do that to you. You did the right thing sticking to your guns! x

2 Likes

This is lovely Carol. xx

1 Like

faved to here x

Sorry you have such a horrid experience, your work is really classy and beautifully crafted. x

1 Like

Just popping in to add this Kindle Case . . .

2 Likes

Hello everyone - I’m going to try and use this profile now from my newer shop ‘Heidi Meier Textiles’ instead of the older Textile Treasures. I’ve just reopened my shops as our building work is coming to an end. I can’t guarantee I’ll be making anything new in the next couple of weeks as I’m still surrounded by boxes so hope you don’t mind a few realists, but I wanted to get back into the swing of things asap as I’ve missed being on here!

Hope you’re all doing well - look forward to seeing the new makes from you!

Heidi :grinning:

8 Likes

Evening Snowdrops,

Sorry you’ve had such a bad experience @SueTrevor - you definitely did the right thing and your work really is lovely.

Just a relist from me today as the things I’m working on are ones that will take a while to complete!

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Evening everyone have caught up to here. I only have a relist to share I’m afraid.
Hopefully Spring is on the way so I’m encouraging it with this flower garland.

2 Likes

Thank you Angela @angelafotoartpapercraft xx

Evening Snowdrops, do you mind if I join in again?
My Folksy presence seems to have vanished since I dropped out of the group, despite regular listing.
I have had 6 sales so far this month @paperchainsandbeads Congrats on your new shop by the way - looking fab.

4 Likes

Hi Heidi @HeidiMeier good to see you on here again

Sorry to hear of your experience Sue @SueTrevor Hope it gets resolved quickly and favourably.

I’ve been out for most of the day - with today now turning into tomorrow, so just a re-list

3 Likes

Good morning Snowdrops, yay happy dancing for sales Carol, Mel, Sue and Deborah. Wow Sue that’s very difficult for you, hope you can put it behind you as a bad experience and just move on, some people will just lash out when they don’t get their own way and act like a spoilt child. Welcome back Deborah and thank you. I need to sort my presence over t’other side now seems to have dropped off the past few weeks where I have not been regularly listing oops!

One from each today

4 Likes